News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen Mobile 4000 U and H-series APUs bring 7nm 8C/16T goodness to laptops, first benchmarks show AMD clobbering Intel Core i7-1065G7 and Core i7-9750H for big gains

Started by Redaktion, January 06, 2020, 22:26:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD has finally revealed the much anticipated Ryzen 4000 APUs for laptops. The 7nm Ryzen 4000 APUs come in both U (15-28W) and H (35-45W) series, and offer up to 8 cores 16 threads with boosts up to 4.2 GHz. Preliminary benchmarks show that AMD has managed to significantly close the performance gap with Intel's mobile offerings and is, in fact, leading by large margins. A bevy of new laptops designs are expected to launch this year featuring AMD Ryzen 4000 processors bringing a lot of choice to the consumer.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-Mobile-4000-U-and-H-series-APUs-bring-7nm-8C-16T-goodness-to-laptops-first-benchmarks-show-AMD-clobbering-Intel-Core-i7-1065G7-and-Core-i7-9750H-for-big-gains.449329.0.html

Lyathon

Looks like AMD is about to be crushing intel not only in servers and desktops but in laptops as well.

jeremy

Yup, the last bastion of Intel is falling apart, fast.

Bye bye, decade of dual cores and quad cores being the "flagship" CPUs. What a joke.

undervolter0x0309

Karma is beautiful. Intel has been charging premium for abysmal performance (aka milking the customer). Now they forgot how to be performant and competitive.

Monopolies are almost always bad for everyone.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: xpclient on January 07, 2020, 08:03:43
What's the U-series 28W model from AMD?

The SKUs are the same. They can be configured between 15 to 28W depending on available headroom.

Razer sharp blade V8

Finally something to replace meine kleine 4700MQ that is not overpriced unicorn p00p (cue 9880H ;) )
Oh, and the equally overpriced 10710U is already DOA at this point xDD
AMD FTW

xpclient

Ryzen 7 4800U vs Core i7-1065G7
Ryzen 7 4800H vs Comet Lake H

AMD has PCIe 4.0 for faster internal I/O,  Intel has Thunderbolt 3 for faster external I/O.

Comet Lake-H in leaks "has mediocre performance": https://www.hardwaretimes.com/10th-gen-intel-comet-lake-h-mobile-gaming-cpus-to-feature-5ghz-boost-clock-leaks-show-mediocre-performance/

Alex_777

But AMD showed them as Desktop processors ( version) But where are G serie? G are for desktop! Or will see them on july ?

jeremy

Quote from: xpclient on January 07, 2020, 17:02:26
Ryzen 7 4800U vs Core i7-1065G7
Ryzen 7 4800H vs Comet Lake H

AMD has PCIe 4.0 for faster internal I/O,  Intel has Thunderbolt 3 for faster external I/O.

Comet Lake-H in leaks "has mediocre performance":

These 7nm APUs do not have PCIe 4.0. PCIe 3.0 only, as per Anandtech.

Sceptic

Manufacturers will most likely pair this incredibly good CPU with some atrocious slow RAM for cutting costs, so all of this is moot

LowBudgetConsumer

I hope those laptop manufacturers who have had a handshake with intel before won't pair this great cpus with SLOW RAM, 4 GBRAM OR EVEN SLOW 1 TB HDD instead of SSD and 8 GB of RAM. Thank you AMD, god bless your company.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview