News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei Mate 30 Pro Smartphone Review: A strong smartphone even without Google

Started by Redaktion, December 17, 2019, 19:14:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Mate 30 Pro, Huawei is focusing on videography for the first time and has not only given its high-end smartphone the latest Kirin SoC, but also a second 40 MP sensor for ultra-wide-angle photos and video recordings. Additionally, the Chinese company have stuffed all the cutting-edge technology into this smartphone, or at least that which it can get hold of, anyway.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-Mate-30-Pro-Smartphone-Review-A-strong-smartphone-even-without-Google.447495.0.html

TruthIsThere

S.Yu

I can't imagine double tapping the screen for volume control is a good experience, you'll probably reach mute a split second too late when you need it the most, NEX3's pressure based solution for a similar screen should be better.

The sample shots are interesting in that they seem worse than Anandtech's set...is some sort of "AI" left on? Also the red branches and orange concrete...completely over the top, I thought that by now Mate devices are known to tone down the color. I also noticed that the reference device is back to the Canon, it was an Olympus EM10 at some point, I wonder why?

Also I advise that you note the FoV difference between this UWA and the others, this one is especially narrow relative to Apple and Samsung.

"A victim on the altar of curvature" is a funny way to describe the display, but their choice of the cheap BOE panel is partly to blame.

In Basemark GPU you have some scores of the OnePlus 7T going berserk by a factor of ~x100, you're not gonna fix that?

Load maximum of less than 7W means they're really not pushing the SoC, then again, throttling 1/3 at that power means they really skipped the heat pipes...strangely the power and endurance numbers don't really add up.
Quote from: TruthIsThere on December 18, 2019, 02:36:08
"Our loaner provider TradingShenzhen pre-installs the Play Store"

Is that legal? :-\
Well it's a loaner so presumably the store is doing this on a personal use basis, so you can count on Google not suing, though it's probably illegal :) But then Gcam is illegal, so are some other affairs going on at XDA etc.

John5099

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview