News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition in Review: Good Workstation with a Lot of Performance

Started by Redaktion, December 04, 2019, 18:02:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Blade 15 Studio Edition is Razer's prime 15.6-inch workstation. The laptop shines with a high performance level, a 4K OLED touchscreen display and a Thunderbolt 3 port. The memory configuration is solid as well: 32 GB of RAM, 16 GB of VRAM and an NVMe-SSD (1 TB).

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-Blade-15-Studio-Edition-in-Review-Good-Workstation-with-a-Lot-of-Performance.445767.0.html

Bok

Thanks! But why would anyone want to connect an external GPU to this machine?

The dedicated GPU inside is already much more powerful than what can be achieved with an eGPU. In the future when an even much faster than TB3 connection will be available, a strong eGPU would be logical. (as far as I know, nowdays because of the bandwidth limit, an external GPU can only perform at a level of a 1660Ti, even if it's a 2080Ti.)

Regar

Quote from: Bok on December 04, 2019, 18:48:40

The dedicated GPU inside is already much more powerful than what can be achieved with an eGPU. In the future when an even much faster than TB3 connection will be available, a strong eGPU would be logical. (as far as I know, nowdays because of the bandwidth limit, an external GPU can only perform at a level of a 1660Ti, even if it's a 2080Ti.)

You really have no idea what you are talking about, an rtx 2080ti on an egpu enclosure over thunderbolt 3 performs way better than a 1660ti, on an external display it can perform up to 90% of its frames, go look for jarrod tech's video about it.

anon

QuoteHowever, the laptop cannot be powered via USB Type-C.

Thank you very much for noting what this laptop's type-C port can and cannot do!

Bok

Quote from: Regar on December 04, 2019, 23:54:16
Quote from: Bok on December 04, 2019, 18:48:40

You really have no idea what you are talking about, an rtx 2080ti on an egpu enclosure over thunderbolt 3 performs way better than a 1660ti, on an external display it can perform up to 90% of its frames, go look for jarrod tech's video about it.

OK, then go to the video of (the great) Jarrod that you pointed me to, and watch more than just the 1st game.

It indeed is faster than the laptop version 1660ti (Tongfang QC7 here), but "up to" is misleading, and in the video only two games approach this increase (about 70%, not 90%). The rest are 25%, 34%, -4% (slower, for BF V, some kinnd of anomaly), 25%, 26%, 9%, 32%, 34%, 19.4%.
It's ~31% average, though I don't think average means too much here.

It is indeed much better (for most tested), but far from 90%.

WSLaptop

Nice review. It looks like a solid workstation, but I'd like to see:

• At least two Thunderbolt ports. Even the Dell XPS 13 7390 manages two TB ports. This would allow for high-end storage and external GPU or 10Gb Ethernet.
  • A cheaper version with the Quadro RTX3000.

Phush0

So reviews are biased toward some brands like Razor. CPU performance is worse than Acer ConceptD 7, but nothing is mentioned about throttling. Also card reader is described as "one of the fast ones", but XMG Fusion one with same read/write is "not in a hurry"... I have stated to look on graphs only, text inside is irrelevant at best.

S.Yu

Curious about the chassis rating, does this mean that the Razer has a softer chassis than the MBP16"?
Also at this price range I believe offloading some peripheral IC to a second layer of motherboard to make room for a less pathetic set of speakers is warranted, it's not like the height of a single board in this chassis doesn't allow it, and the internals are a big mess, my VAIO Z Canvas looks cleaner, though not on the same level as an Apple.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview