News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell finally addresses XPS 17 9700 and Precision 5750 charging woes, but the solution isn't as simple as you may think

Started by Redaktion, July 30, 2020, 19:54:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

If you own a GeForce-powered XPS 17 or Precision 5750, Dell wants you to contact customer support to work something out. The manufacturer has successfully reproduced the charging issue on a "limited quantity" of laptops and will be reaching out to existing owners as well.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-finally-addresses-XPS-17-9700-and-Precision-5750-charging-woes-but-the-solution-isn-t-as-simple-as-you-may-think.483673.0.html

RicoViking9000

It's most likely a motherboard level repair/replacement, I bet they would have pushed a BIOS update if the problem were fixable through software alone

Allen.Ngo

That's what we were thinking as well, but didn't want to jump on that conclusion too soon! Some sort of replacement service is likely

sandybo

Thanks for the update! yeah its confirmed by one of the reddit posts that DELL admits that is the motherboard hardware issue. Allen I wonder what would be the optimum power to source this 17 model? From similar rtx 2060 machine one market it needs at least 180W not 130W to not having power drain. Even with Dell's fix, it would still drain power from battery under max loading.

Dmytro Boiko

My monitor supports USB-C power delivery (Dell U2720Q). Allen, I wonder if the power drain issue can be resolved by connecting both the original charger and monitor with power delivery?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview