News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP 255 G7 in review: Multiple weaknesses, no strengths

Started by Redaktion, May 12, 2021, 05:40:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The HP 255 G7 offers a Ryzen 3 APU, 8 GB of RAM, a DVD drive, and a 512 GB NVMe SSD. Windows 10 Pro serves as the operating system. Moreover, the built-in display disappoints in every respect.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-255-G7-in-review-Multiple-weaknesses-no-strengths.539142.0.html

pacc

The reviews are good and detailed as always,
but how can a crappy laptop that is bad on all points get 75%?

I'm all for cheap plastic products with good specs and upgradability,
but currently dim and lousy displays makes this a bad idea
and TN is on 1366x768 levels bad...

At least I know that I can skip the conclusion/points from now on.

(Funny how empty the internals was with no DVD or 2.5 disk)

Betaminos

Quote from: pacc on May 12, 2021, 11:19:47
The reviews are good and detailed as always,
but how can a crappy laptop that is bad on all points get 75%?
I absolutely agree.
The percentage ratings seem to range from mid 70s to high 80s, with the rare exception of 90.
This is not a scale anymore, even if the percentage sign implies as much.
I would love having a star based system or just any other system that works.
Giving a 0-100 range and using about 15 of those steps makes no sense to me.
(And that is not even considering how subjective the scores seem to be)

previousslayer

I've got the 3500U version of this for myself back in Sep. 400eur and 25 for a second 8GB stick. I can get behind the score, it's a barebones laptop all around. But it's practically built imo. Not disposable

LL

The price i totally out of order. A person i kno bought an older generation at time for less than 400 euro. 

Shlong Jonson

Mr Benn

Somebody at HP needs to be fired for even thinking about releasing garbage like this let alone actually releasing it and is the price some sort of joke in very bad taste ?

doa379

By a trickle down model they reinvent the entire product, and make it a more terrible product in the process. Just look at that messy system board.

previousslayer

@doa379 the feeling I got from mine is that they took leftovers they had from a platform meant for (much) weaker APUs and quickly baked a couple new SKUs. It's really barren inside (one heatpipe lol) but just about enough for a frugal 3200U or 3500U. Mine also didn't come with a SATA drive board or mounting, good grief that board is just 10 euros from China.
One funny thing these reviews don't talk about is that mobile Picasso is bugged on its memory controller. Bugged or rather, too "advanced"... I dunno. The fabric downclocks on a whim and funnier still, I get higher RAM latency in dualchannel than single. I went nuts with mine and plugged in 2 dualrank 16GB modules as of recently... you can never have too much RAM lmao. Haven't noticed any manifestations of this latency problem in daily use but who knows, I don't really game nor tinker with realtime audio.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview