News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Speculation of PlayStation 5 game cartridge function or PlayStation Vita 2 development fueled by patent

Started by Redaktion, November 10, 2019, 17:38:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony Interactive Entertainment has filed a patent application with Brazil's Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial (INPI) that features a drawing of what looks like a game cartridge. Could the upcoming PlayStation 5 console include a game cartridge slot or has SIE got another console in the works, such as a PS Vita 2?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Speculation-of-PlayStation-5-game-cartridge-function-or-PlayStation-Vita-2-development-fueled-by-patent.442585.0.html

Nate

I think it would be a smart time to work on a ps vita 2. Think about it. With T-Mobile trying to bring a nation wide release of 5g, it could be the perfect opportunity for Sony to release a ps vita 2 with an almost all screen Oled display, SD  card support (or similar, maybe even Smaller SSD), and cellular support for 5g and all add with the addition of playstation now also being available for play on the system. With streaming in the rise Sony could release the ultimate OTG streaming capable handheld device that could play most if not all triple a games. Specifically COD:MW. I've owned an original and slim PSP and the original Oled ps vita. I still own the original if the two.

gerger

It would be nice though if they could do something about the read-only optical discs. With day 1 patches and all, i think read-only physical games are really out-dated, and read speeds on discs are not that great.

It would be really nice if you could eventually update the physical game you bought day 1 to be the definitive edition with all the DLC later on.
I know there are a lot of question marks in writeable physical media, but optical discs need to go already.

Sukhoi

the concept of using flash memory over a disc actually seems kind of cool, even if it isn't cheap enough yet. Even mediocre NAND can manage speeds faster than the edge of a blueray disc

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview