News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Tab M10 Plus 2022 (Gen 3) review: Affordable tablet with 2K display and stylus support

Started by Redaktion, July 06, 2022, 04:42:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Due to its strong features and three-year update policy, the Tab M10 Plus has the potential to become a real bestseller, but only when the price drops. This might sound paradoxical for such a low-priced tablet with stylus support, but there's a reason for it.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Tab-M10-Plus-2022-Gen-3-review-Affordable-tablet-with-2K-display-and-stylus-support.632955.0.html

Puppy

I'll never buy a Lenovo tablet again. The software support is a joke. I bought Tab P11 Plus (TB-J616X) few months ago, it was introduced on local market in January 2022. The software updates support ends July 2023, so it is less than two years of support. Latest security updates are from March 2022. If you ask in Lenovo forum, you'll get a completely nonsense answer that security updates depends on Google which is not true, it is up to vendor (Lenovo) to provide them.

Internet

First part of security updates are provided by Google - Google Play System update or similar. Second part has to be provided by Lenovo as OTA update.

BoognishMANG

I knows this is a few months old at this point but it just popped up in my Google feed a few moments ago. Either way, great write up. Extremely informative.

However, it begs the question, one equal parts inescapable and nagging:

Have you not learned of the miracle of Goo Gone

I agree that manufacturers probably shouldn't use industrial strength adhesive for stickers that they're placing on Android devices like tablets, phones and other similar tech gadgetry which consumers tend to care a great deal about The physical appearance of but for it to make the review and stick out like a sore thumb in the photos was probably not entirely necessary. That is, if you have in fact heard of this wonder-product and have access to it. In its absence, there are other more readily available things such as isopropyl alcohol that will generally do the trick. Maybe not quite as effective as Goo Gone, but only by a small margin, especially the higher proof stuff like 99%+

Obviously I ask this of you in jest, as it doesn't actually bother me in the least but having a number of OCD tendencies and the inability to bite my tongue when a thought or question enters my mind, I couldn't not give you a hard time about it. That said, the bit about it being an excellent write-up was genuine, well done.

Finch Harper

I have this Tablet and it is TERRIBLE! Wal-Mart has it now for $129.00 Cyber Monday. Still not worth that price.  I bought this Tablet to game on, read books, watch movies, and social media.  Gaming is nearly impossible, as it locks up or goes to black screen even on simple graphics games, forcing constant reboots. Reading simple books also can cause glitches and shut down, and magazine and comics or any graphic novel causes significant slow downs, even turning pages can lock the tablet up.  Forget about movies, they may start but will eventually stop or go to black screen.
I have both the 2nd and 3rd generation of these tablets and they are both terrible.
On top of this Lenovo support is HORRIBLE.  I've even tried Twitter with screen shots and they almost never respond or say they will get back to me, but never do.  They also forced a new tablet center update that pretty much bricked both tablets, and it took 6 weeks for them to tell me I can't uninstall it. NEVER NEVER NEVER again will I buy a Lenovo tablet, no matter how low the price.  I recommend you not buy their tablets.

BoognishMANG

Interesting. Bummer you had that experience but thanks for sharing it. I'm inclined to think that only their highest tier tab offerings are worth purchasing, which I believe is the P (currently P12)/XiaoXin series, specifically the Plus/Pro models but Lenovo loves complicating their tablet line and have succeeded in doing just that again with the Legion tablet... But I think from a spec sheet perspective, that it could also be considered a high-mid range tablet.

That said, all the bells and whistles/spec sheet features ("flagship specs bro, flagship specs")  in the world won't compensate for terrible support and bad/non-existent updates

DanielDD78

I've been given this tablet as Christmas present just yesterday and I still have to get started using it. Thanks for this extensive review. I'm eager to start using it

Aselin

I bought this tablet but with 6gb ram. It runs long and excellent. i have left in on for 3 days and lost 3% in battery. i have streamed NBA games with little difficulty. Video of any kind runs well. Don't play games so don't have any comment on that.
  i have to assume those with poor results lack enough ram which is usually a bottle neck in tablet performance. i paid $205 for it and would not hesitate to buy it again.

Cristobal

Thanks for the report... Amazing... But...

As a consumer (work and personal) the report (in most of report) it's the section - case of use... For me at least 3 variation
1) only as they sale (tablet / notebook / stationary)  what is the most review.
- here the user are interest to buy 1 solution
2) mix use (here is crossing the comfort zone) here is go deep in pushing the capacity to interact with other devices. Connect mouse, keyboard, big screen, USB, Bluetooth, wifi...
- here the user is looking for combination of funtionality or substitution. In today time, most companies are looking for incorporate more users (middle and front line) in this segment the licences, virtual desk , company apps and softwares are key
- this segment of buyers (companies and users) are confused and without help... Topical question... Can a tablet android and a cellphone resolved the XX % of the case of use...

3) migrate from stationary to mobile (with economics trend and the growing small startup and the increasing cloud solutions) Wich and how to evaluate devices on connectivity, delivery, speed, security, licences cost (enterprise vs personal) update, etc..

From my point of view agnostic review like yours it's a fundamental solution for companies and consumer even it's going to be difficult to accept for manufacturing companies it's going to put the consumer in the center

All the best,
Cristobal

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview