News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G: Foldable and not as expensive as an iPhone

Started by Redaktion, October 10, 2019, 17:26:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Samsung Galaxy Fold costs around €2,100 (~US$2305) in Europe, for which you will receive the first foldable smartphone to reach the continent. While the device is absurdly expensive, it is no more expensive than some iPhones despite offering more functionality and innovations to boot.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Fold-5G-Foldable-and-not-as-expensive-as-an-iPhone.437590.0.html

S.Yu

I suppose it's just that Apple's flagship is still more overpriced in general, though it should still last a couple years longer than that screen...

A Abd Razak

The title said "an iPhone", but in the article, the calculation included:
1. an iPhone,
2. a leather case,
3. an Apple Care Plus Service, and
4. AirPod..

Since when a notebookcheck article start to use a click bait title?
Do not degrade your article quality by using a cunning way to attract the reader, please.

*sorry if my English is bad, it is not my main language. 🙏🏼

S.Yu

Quote from: A Abd Razak on October 12, 2019, 13:42:59
The title said "an iPhone", but in the article, the calculation included:
1. an iPhone,
2. a leather case,
3. an Apple Care Plus Service, and
4. AirPod..

Since when a notebookcheck article start to use a click bait title?
Do not degrade your article quality by using a cunning way to attract the reader, please.

*sorry if my English is bad, it is not my main language. 🙏🏼
Because all those are included in the Samsung which is missing from the top model iPhone. If McD only sells you meals while KFC sells you single burgers by default, would you compare the price of McD's meal to KFC's burger regardless or would you order the side and the drink to match?

A Abd Razak

Quote from: S.Yu on October 12, 2019, 22:48:03

Because all those are included in the Samsung which is missing from the top model iPhone. If McD only sells you meals while KFC sells you single burgers by default, would you compare the price of McD's meal to KFC's burger regardless or would you order the side and the drink to match?

If that is indeed the case, probably it is better to mentioned it in the article, including wether it is a promotional program in a limited time or not. The readers of notebookcheck are spread across the world, with marketing program for smartphone could applied differently in each region.  :)

I heard that Samsung have a promotional program (with less items) here in Indonesia for Note 10/10+ for a limited period.
But I can't verify a similar program for Galaxy Fold yet, since it is not yet released here. ;D

However, more information is better to give a balanced consideration for the reader, and to reduce bias.  ;)

S.Yu

Quote from: A Abd Razak on October 13, 2019, 01:27:13
Quote from: S.Yu on October 12, 2019, 22:48:03

If that is indeed the case, probably it is better to mentioned it in the article, including wether it is a promotional program in a limited time or not. The readers of notebookcheck are spread across the world, with marketing program for smartphone could applied differently in each region.  :)

I heard that Samsung have a promotional program (with less items) here in Indonesia for Note 10/10+ for a limited period.
But I can't verify a similar program for Galaxy Fold yet, since it is not yet released here. ;D

However, more information is better to give a balanced consideration for the reader, and to reduce bias.  ;)

AFAIK these are all included by standard.
The screen replacement offer however seems to be limited to recent purchases, and won't be valid next year, but wasn't included in the calculations either.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview