News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 explodes, but is not part of the company’s recall program

Started by Redaktion, October 07, 2019, 12:32:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With Dell recently releasing a BIOS revision to improve the thermal stability of the XPS 15 9570, pictures of a decimated XPS 15 doing the rounds online may be concern those who are either considering the series for their next laptop or already own an XPS 15. The cause of the damage can affect any laptop though, and does not appear to be XPS 15 specific.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-15-explodes-but-is-not-part-of-the-company-s-recall-program.435515.0.html

A

And I've been saying this for quite a while, Dell really needs to get their thermals together. (other manufacturers too who started embracing thinness, but especially Dell)

RicoViking9000

Davide

I think this is a problem more big than they want to show.
In a photo, is clear that the liquid went also up to the M2 SSD, so you can potentially lose every data you have in.

S.Yu

Quote from: Davide on October 08, 2019, 14:19:45
I think this is a problem more big than they want to show.
In a photo, is clear that the liquid went also up to the M2 SSD, so you can potentially lose every data you have in.
Speaking of which, I have a device with an inflated battery. Having been inflated for more than 2 years, the inflation is still in progress, only the battery's bumped the screen from the chassis (nothing cracked fortunately) so it has potentially unlimited room to expand...Although I plan on replacing it in a few months, the screen is already 1cm above the chassis at it's highest point, I should seriously consider replacing the battery even if it means only using it for a few more months...

Arturito

No issues in 9560 with batteries? 2 out of probably about 12 units had swollen batteries in my company. Dell replaced them.

Laura Car

Dell is sweeping this under the rug and they're doing an excellent job at flying under the radar. These devices have killed 12 people, set 7 houses on fire, burned dozens of consumers and pose a major safety hazard yet they refuse to acknowledge the problem and if you're lucky enough to get in touch with them they will simply tell you it's no longer under warranty.

Thank god for social media.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview