News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker XMG Apex 15 (Clevo NH57AF1) Laptop Review: Extremely fast, extremely loud

Started by Redaktion, May 07, 2020, 13:34:05

Previous topic - Next topic

nr4334387

Man, I wish I had registered so I could possibly edit/delete. Just noticed that most laptops offer USB 3.1 Gen 1, not gen 2. So I guess one does get a little more juice here.

Florian Glaser

Quote from: nr4334387 on May 07, 2020, 21:49:12
Quote20 Gbit would be USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 as far as i know. USB 3.2 Gen 2 is just USB 3.1 Gen 2:

Oh, yeah you're right! Thanks for pointing that out. Also makes it kind of a shame because all other laptop manufacturers merely state "USB 3.1 Gen 2". Which makes it seem like this laptop has more to offer when it actually doesn't. I do hope they didn't do this on purpose.
Or maybe they are 2x2 after all? ;)

No problem. I hate the USB consortium for the naming scheme. It creates so much confusion. Why not just use USB 1, USB 2, USB 3 and USB 4 etc. with new features every generation? I don`t get it.

XMG Community

PSA: our main reply post has been updated with additional data on Idle power consumption, DPC latencies and boot time. An update on fan curves is available now and will be shared with Notebookcheck shortly.

Cheers,
Tom
Schenker Technologies GmbH
// Firmenaccount für PR & Communitypflege
Technical Support
Mo-Fr 8-18 | Sa 9-14 // Tel.: +49 341 246704-0

XMG Community

Update: the review has been updated with improved DPC latency values and other tweaks. We still have a slight discrepency regarding Idle power consumption and battery life but that's OK.

Additional reviews are planned at other press outlets and Youtube channels.

Cheers,
Tom
Schenker Technologies GmbH
// Firmenaccount für PR & Communitypflege
Technical Support
Mo-Fr 8-18 | Sa 9-14 // Tel.: +49 341 246704-0

vincentxp

Sell in notebook desktop PC form , without keyboard and LCD . pair with 200mm x 2  cooling fan , run slow speed to reduce noise . Battery are good incase power failure still have 1 hour backup life .

if sell in notebook , battery should be 6-8 hours for web , wifi , paper work.

B

I have the similar Clevo NH58AC with 32GB Kingston HyperX RAM, 2 NVMe SSDs, one SATA III SSD, GTX1660Ti 6GB graphics card.  It definitely was running hot and fans needed to be on max to manage it most of the time right out of the box.  Undervolting to 1.1V and 4100Mhz has idle temps at 55 - 58C, about 10 degrees lower than before.  I actually had it all the way down to 1.0125 and 3900Mhz and idling at 45-50C, but streaming video would go out of sync with audio over 4 or 5 minutes.  I may save a separate profile just for youtube and keep temps down even more for general use.  Fans never ramp up with settings as they are now, and temps do not spike into territory that makes me nervous.  Even with undervolting, the performance blows away any other laptop processor,.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview