News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Configuration details for Microsoft Surface Pro 7 leak out

Started by Redaktion, September 13, 2019, 23:42:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Some details of Microsoft's upcoming Surface Pro 7 have apparently been leaked with five different configurations being mentioned. It seems the entry-level Surface Pro 7 will feature an Intel Core i3 processor while the top-end device will sport an Intel Core i7. RAM options will reach from a lowly 4 GB up to a stately 16 GB.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Configuration-details-for-Microsoft-Surface-Pro-7-leak-out.434771.0.html

opelit

if this is true and they will use 14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ then its big disappointment. Then i can easily quess that there will be again no tb3 .. since project atena (10nm cpu) require tb3 ports .

Ayoh

What is the point of this upgrade if it is the same stupid 16GB limit and a 14nm processor? No way i will be buying this is this is the case.

The minimum requirement should be 32GB and a 10nm generation processor

xpclient

Surface - I remember that PC brand. Surprisingly it is from the same company that makes the operating system yet it suffers the most. Like all PCs, not only does it have issues from Windows 10 updates but extra problems due to very buggy updates released too frequently for its firmware, never ending battery life issues and new Windows releases always giving serious incompatibility or broken issues.

Torsten Jahnke

I would rather cut off my hand with a plastic spoon then buying this kind of crap.

I have had bought a brand new Surface 4 Pro for ca. 2200 EUR and after 3 yrs the battery is done.

That's not a big problem but just changing the battery will cost round about 500 EUR because during the change the display will be broken and you also need to replace this.

It's the same with the Surface 6 becausethey they glued the laptop together instead of screwing.

Never ever a Microsoft hardware.

S.Yu

Still no 32GB RAM...it's why I'm determined to get something else for photo editing...and that LR finally supports CUDA.

S.Yu

Quote from: Ayoh on September 14, 2019, 10:00:53
What is the point of this upgrade if it is the same stupid 16GB limit and a 14nm processor? No way i will be buying this is this is the case.

The minimum requirement should be 32GB and a 10nm generation processor
Good point, but SP upgrades have been pretty pointless for a couple years now and it's much more sensible getting a higher tier second handed than getting a lower tier new, the price drop is more meaningful than the meager upgrades.

S.Yu

Quote from: Torsten Jahnke on September 14, 2019, 13:39:37
I would rather cut off my hand with a plastic spoon then buying this kind of crap.

I have had bought a brand new Surface 4 Pro for ca. 2200 EUR and after 3 yrs the battery is done.

That's not a big problem but just changing the battery will cost round about 500 EUR because during the change the display will be broken and you also need to replace this.

It's the same with the Surface 6 becausethey they glued the laptop together instead of screwing.

Never ever a Microsoft hardware.
Very interesting...there are so many devices with fixed batteries and a lot of glue but I've never heard in one that the screen really needs to be destroyed to reach the battery, more like it's an excuse to charge more or whoever you're quoting lacks the expertise to remove the screen properly.

Spunjji

They really need to stop with the 4GB RAM crap. It wasn't great when they did it with the Surface Pro 3 in 2014, but at this point in time it's just extremely expensive e-waste.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview