News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The PlayStation 5's GPU could be clocked at a whopping 2 GHz and feature 40 CUs, console rumored to have a February 2020 unveiling

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2019, 22:21:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Latest PlayStation 5 news is that the console's GPU could have a 2 GHz clock speed and feature 40 CUs. This puts the GPU almost on par with the NVIDIA RTX 2080 in terms of raw performance. Also, Sony is reportedly preparing for a PlayStation Meeting 2020 in which details about the PlayStation 5 would be revealed along with a few game demos.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-PlayStation-5-s-GPU-could-be-clocked-at-a-whopping-2-GHz-and-feature-40-CUs-console-rumored-to-have-a-February-2020-unveiling.429979.0.html

iipbnipt

It do not haw multiplayer for paid games, offline user games are not updated or require internet to start game. and many more problems.

Anthony Dorazio

The tradition is to spell an acronym on first reference.  I don't know what a CU is.

I've been a gamer for 30 years, programmer, built my own PCs, modded my own consoles with a soldering iron, and work in software. I assume CU is a relatively new term or I would know what it means. For future reference, don't assume everyone is up to speed on the latest acronyms.

heffeque

Quote from: Anthony Dorazio on August 19, 2019, 21:44:35
The tradition is to spell an acronym on first reference.  I don't know what a CU is.

I've been a gamer for 30 years, programmer, built my own PCs, modded my own consoles with a soldering iron, and work in software. I assume CU is a relatively new term or I would know what it means. For future reference, don't assume everyone is up to speed on the latest acronyms.
The CU acronym has been around since at least 2013. I wouldn't call that "the latest acronyms". I'm pretty sure that searching for the term through Google would have been much shorter and easier than writing your comment. Just sayin'.

Sunshine

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Sunshine on August 20, 2019, 18:38:43
2 GHz is whopping? I currently have 4ghz per core. Wtf is this dude smoking?

You have a GPU clocked at 2 GHz per core? Interesting... ;)

Master

Your CPU is 4 GHz per core not GPU. 2 GHz is 2000 MHz which most high end Nvidia GPU's have nowadays, not mentioning if this information is right or wrong. I would suggest some research and attention before commenting.
Best wishes

Master

Quote from: Master on August 21, 2019, 10:36:45
In reply to the guy claiming he has 4 GHz per core GPU running*
Your CPU is 4 GHz per core not GPU. 2 GHz is 2000 MHz which most high end Nvidia GPU's have nowadays, not mentioning if this information is right or wrong. I would suggest some research and attention before commenting.
Best wishes

Rick

What on earth are CUs?

I've searched Google and all I can find is people asking the same question.

RadicalFree

Here is a list of acronyms I've found at
ww w.acronym finder.c om

It's either "close ups" "credit unions" or "control units"

Pick one!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview