News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Omen 15 Review: affordable entry-level gamer with decent battery life

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2019, 23:40:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Thanks to its Core i5-9300H CPU and GeForce GTX 1650 GPU the Omen 15 is capable of running all current games smoothly on its matte 15.6-inch FHD IPS display, and as a bonus it comes with an NVMe SSD and decent battery life. If only the display weren't so dim.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Omen-15-Review-affordable-entry-level-gamer-with-decent-battery-life.428051.0.html

Laptop Gaming

https://gamalaptop.vn/laptop-gaming-cu-gia-re-tphcm/

NikoB

HP only needs to do 2 things for sharp increase sales for Omen 15:
1. In  cheap versions with i5 and 1650, do not install the keyboard with vile red backlight and the same characters on it out USA. Make a keyboard with the usual white backlight and symbols. That's it, people don't need anything else in cheap versions of Omen 15.
2. Install  normal IPS with 90%+ sRGB (and with exactly the same contrast of 1400: 1+, as in the review, unless of course this contrast is true ;)). The difference between the 60Hz IPS panel with 72% NTSC (CIE1931) and the lousy 60Hz IPS panel with 45% NTSC (CIE1931) at retail stores (I specifically emphasize this!), only +$10-15! And HP just robs it without install in the cheap versions IPS  with normal colors and brightness! It's shame in 2019...

That's when HP fulfills these two conditions, its cheap versions with i5 + GTX1650 will be very good selling on all markets, like hot cakes at noon! Because it will be a UNIVERSAL laptop for business, work, multimedia and play games a little part. Sales increase dramatically dozens of times. I assure HP marketers that it will be so.

Nit

Does the computer support 4K (not gaming) video playback on external display? I am talking about playing 4K files not Netflix.

Thanks 

Impressed

Am so happy to have found this comprehensive unbiased site and fine articles such as this.

Love your work, keep it up!

Julie

I was offered the omen 15 DC1015ns and I love it but ! There is a but ! This laptop can go very high in temperature and the battery capacity is very bad. Right now at the moment I am writing, The top of my keyboard is really hot. The power supply is very hot as well. So hot that I never leave it unsupervised. I am scared of a fire.
I went to a store to compare my laptop in demonstration with other laptops. The MSI with equivalent configuration was not hot at all neither and Acer and an Asus but the omen in demonstration was very hot while not even in use? I mean it was a store mode. Otherwise this laptop is just amazing. I mean, The graphics are impressive, it is fast, everything is just great on this laptop. Except the temperature issue. Not reassuring. :-\

Calvin A.

Quote from: Julie on December 10, 2019, 18:55:37
I was offered the omen 15 DC1015ns and I love it but ! There is a but ! This laptop can go very high in temperature and the battery capacity is very bad. Right now at the moment I am writing, The top of my keyboard is really hot. The power supply is very hot as well. So hot that I never leave it unsupervised. I am scared of a fire.
I went to a store to compare my laptop in demonstration with other laptops. The MSI with equivalent configuration was not hot at all neither and Acer and an Asus but the omen in demonstration was very hot while not even in use? I mean it was a store mode. Otherwise this laptop is just amazing. I mean, The graphics are impressive, it is fast, everything is just great on this laptop. Except the temperature issue. Not reassuring. :-\

Thank you for this. My last HP barely lasted three years because the overheating caused the graphics chip to become unsoldered. The Samsung computer I got after that has lasted me 8 years, and it's still in great shape. I had a bad feeling when I saw HP notebooks come up as suggested upgrades, and this confirms my suspicions.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview