News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung gives its reason for removing the 3.5mm jack on the Galaxy Note 10 phones but it's as dumb as you'd expect

Started by Redaktion, August 08, 2019, 17:00:56

Previous topic - Next topic

S.Yu

Quote from: Oneirics on August 10, 2019, 21:57:36
Stop listening to digital and go analog if you want music at it's purest form.
You download/stream digital music onto your phone in 1s and 0s and then go through an analog jack and tell me that it's good?
Try vinyls, you'll never listen to digital music the same ever again.
Quote from: Astar on August 09, 2019, 12:13:00
@Artem / @Oneirics - if you all are stupid and do not know what a 3.5mm jack is. Shut up!

My 3 year old Shure wired earphones sounds much better than Bluetooth earphones costing 2-3 times more. I only use cheapo bluetooth headsets when I'm doing sports like cycling or running. Never for hi-fi quality enjoyment. If you can't tell the difference - shut up!

Wired earphones also allow free FM radio reception in any country I travel to. Its free music that lasts forever on battery and allows me to listen to local music, BBC news or local weather news and emergency broadcasts. It was so critically useful when I was tour-cycling in Taiwan just after typhoon season.

I use a tiny stub type external condenser audio mic which I connect to the 3.5mm jack for audio recording of meetings/conferences. It offers much better quality and loudness than any built-in phone mic. $10.

My selfie-stick camera trigger connects to the 3.5mm jack and never needs to be charged or paired. $5.

I connect a Boya shotgun mic to the jack for perfectly synced audio in my 1080p/4K videos shot from my phone on a selfie stick or gimbal - professional quality results with NO WIND NOISE! $30.

I also have an iBlazr type LED light connected to the same jack which can rotate in any direction as a flash/light for selfies/video/camera shots. $5.

The real reason they want to remove the 3.5mm jack is to save them the need to bundle in a $5 (or less since they order in bulk) hands free headset. Then they can sell you a $100 - $200 bluetooth headset which sounds worse than my Shure.

The iFixit teardowns have proven that there is no battery capacity gain. The space where the jack would have occupied just goes to waste. That was proven when Apple first screwed stupid consumers like you by using the same stupid excuse. Batteries are rectangular shaped, that freed space CANNOT be added to a battery cell unless you show me an odd shaped battery cell component with a strange protrusion.

The ASUS ZenFone 6 has everything - including a 5000mAh battery
while retaining a 3.5mm jack and dedicated SD card slot with 2 x SIM slots. If I buy a flagship phone, you better not cut corners, damn you!

Kid, learnt anything yet dumb dumb?
This is the same argument as film vs. digital, and digital has for the most part surpassed film. With digital you go as high as MQA but what's important here is BT is at most good enough for casual listening in noisy environments (even considering CIEM grade sound isolation), not to mention all the other drawbacks like the fuss of pairing, additional power draw(especially for the better codecs), separate charging, additional chance of losing something, limited choices on the market etc.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview