News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können Sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über notebookrelevante Dinge diskutieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ex-PlayStation Studios chairman: Xbox Game Pass is a “casino” where “the house always wins”

Started by Redaktion, October 04, 2026, 18:22:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Former PlayStation Studios chairman Shawn Layden criticized Xbox Game Pass as a "casino" where "the house always wins," arguing that day-one subscription releases undermine developers' ability to recoup costs through full-price sales. He doubled down on his concerns about the model's sustainability, contrasted Xbox's approach with Sony's, and noted that Microsoft has not published Game Pass-specific profit figures.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ex-PlayStation-Studios-chairman-Xbox-Game-Pass-is-a-casino-where-the-house-always-wins.1415675.0.html

carter_holloway

I can understand why Layden compares Game Pass, especially when discussing how subscription models affect big-budget releases. Still, I think the impact depends heavily on the developer and the deal involved. I'm also interested in how different gaming and entertainment platforms approach monetization, including sites like https://foxslotscasinode.com/de-de/ when comparing digital business models.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview