NotebookCHECK - Notebook Forum

English => News => Topic started by: Redaktion on August 24, 2026, 09:46:08

Title: YouTube view counts change today: one frame is now a view
Post by: Redaktion on August 24, 2026, 09:46:08
YouTube now counts a view the moment playback starts, with no minimum watch time, across Shorts, long-form videos and live streams. Public view counts will climb faster without more people actually watching. Earnings are unaffected, and the stricter number lives on as engaged views in YouTube Analytics.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/YouTube-view-counts-change-today-one-frame-is-now-a-view.1376778.0.html
Title: Re: YouTube view counts change today: one frame is now a view
Post by: indyp on August 24, 2026, 14:52:38
Quite a bit of my Youtube experience now is just clicking the AI summary to get the main jist of the video's point, instead of watching 10 minutes of filler material.  I want to thank Google's implementation of AI in this particular way to save me lots of time.  I guess if a "view" is counted by this behavior, then that is how they want it.  I can't be the only one doing this.  Not sure how that is beneficial for their ad business, but certainly their bandwidth concerns.