NotebookCHECK - Notebook Forum

English => News => Topic started by: Redaktion on August 21, 2026, 04:08:26

Title: Sony CEO calls memory shortage timing "lucky" following PS5 console price increases
Post by: Redaktion on August 21, 2026, 04:08:26
Despite criticism over PS5 price hikes, Sony CEO Hiroki Totoki is confident in PlayStation's future. The memory shortage intensified when the company had already secured a large user base. The executive told The Wall Street Journal that he is content to profit from existing console owners.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-CEO-calls-memory-shortage-timing-lucky-following-PS5-console-price-increases.1374392.0.html
Title: Re: Sony CEO calls memory shortage timing \
Post by: JamesO on August 21, 2026, 06:55:46
No Disc, no buy! As a long time Playstation owner from day one on ps1, when they stop making disc,I'll stop buying. Ps5 disc version is my last. If I can't even play my ps5 discon ps6, no more gaming for me. 
Title: Re: Sony CEO calls memory shortage timing \
Post by: jojoba on August 21, 2026, 11:56:39
Yes, go ahead, focus on PSplus users. Moving to Steam, they have a free cloud saves and don't restrict hw features behind paywall, like, come on...
Title: Re: Sony CEO calls memory shortage timing
Post by: Adam ralph on August 21, 2026, 12:24:41
Quote from: JamesO on August 21, 2026, 06:55:46No Disc, no buy! As a long time Playstation owner from day one on ps1, when they stop making disc,I'll stop buying. Ps5 disc version is my last. If I can't even play my ps5 discon ps6, no more gaming for me. 

That's me as well!!