Quote from: Noise on Today at 12:25:00Any one can build something more powerful than the steam machine. What's more interesting is if it can be done almost as quietly.
From what I understand this thing gets quite loud but it's also dissipating quite a load more heat.
It would be interesting to see if someone tested the noise and thermals on this when we both GPU and CPU are limited to the steam machine's tdp. To see and compare how much of an uplift is there then.
This is true, however, I solved that problem with these compact machine types to my satisfaction by customizing one of my desk drawers with 2 quiet case fans and bit of sound proofing foam. One fan in front for intake that has the wire metal grill over it and one for exhaust at the rear of the drawer in which I also made a round hole for the cables to pass through. I used Noctua fans because the brown goes nicely with the dark wood! It's now barely perceptible with all that muffling.