QuoteMIT professor and sociologist/psychologist warns in her new book that chatbots are causing our ability to form bonds and maintain relationships with other people to atrophy, just as our ability to perform work or acquire knowledge independently is declining. Instead, she argues, we should learn to accept "friction" in life as something positive.
It was claimed that shooters are bad, remember? In shooters people often don't talk to each other, because they are aiming, strategizing, etc. Her fearmongering reminds me of the previous post and so I may as well just quote this:
Quote from: But is AI profitable tho? on Yesterday at 20:48:59- Approximately 100 years ago people thought that in 100 years humans would have wings any be able to fly (there's an picture).
- At tome point humans thought that driving at faster than like 20-30 miles per hour would be lethal.
- Many movie classics in the 70s to 90s imagined we'd live in a much more advanced civilization by 2020 or even earlier.
Just a few examples. Obviously, none of this happened. It seems the human psyche likes to overestimate by a lot.
So, if I was asked the same question, I'd say: "Of course not, 0.0% chance. (It's maybe even 0% chance for ever, despite that obviously no one can predict the future, or at east for a very long time.)" (but it doesn't mean that AI may still take your job away (which you probably don't like anyway, but it's still better than having none)).
In the meantime: isaiprofitable.com
I'm not saying that she is completely wrong, we are social beings and need human contact (scientific fact), having said that, maybe she needs a bit of a different kind of friction in her life, if you know what I mean ;-)
Chuck007, amen.