News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion Slim 5 with AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS and Nvidia RTX 4060 discounted down to US$1,146.80

Started by Redaktion, September 28, 2023, 15:32:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Snake_2024

I think it's a great product. Hopefully it arrives at that price in Europe, which is always more expensive, but its configuration is perfect for many content creators, a great choice to renew your laptop and keep it updated with the latest.
Although it must be said, I like the Minisforum V3 option with Ryzen 8000 Hawk Point better, which is combining Zen 4 cores and RDNA 3.5 graphics. with 2 USB 4 ports, which is what this Lenovo laptop is missing.

NikoB

Even 32GB of RAM is not enough for "content creators", but here we have the shameful children's 16GB, which is no longer enough even for toys. Smartphones have more RAM than this "great" product.

All manufacturers deliberately install two modules of 8 each, because all their warehouses are overflowing with this useless garbage. All buyers who have a pair of convolutions want either 16x1 out of the box (by immediately purchasing and installing the second one at 16) or 16x2.

And these 8+8 will have to be thrown out, because... Selling them at flea markets is almost impossible. Thus, laptop manufacturers are actually extorting money from you for unnecessary, outdated junk, i.e. you will immediately have to spend money on two modules of 16 each, which will immediately increase the price by at least $75-80. And this must be kept in mind, and this is not counting the frankly small SSD, i.e. You will also have to immediately buy a second one for 2TB or replace the main one.

Thus, the price of all such models is deceptive; in reality, after upgrading to normal operating condition, it will increase by $160-200.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview