News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

No Intel or Nvidia required: Lenovo Legion Slim 7 16ARHA7 Gen 7 laptop review

Started by Redaktion, November 04, 2022, 22:29:58

Previous topic - Next topic

NikoB

I've been enjoying total silence surfing on a Dell G5 5587 in the max performance profile for over 4 years. What do you wish with your new laptops. =)

And in the review of the NB Dell G5 5587 with 1060, it makes only 42dB noise (vs 48+ for new "game" laptops), but it consumes less - but does this do honor to new products with such wild consumption? Where is progress going? In a technological impasse?

Prisoner Elect Trumputin

Quote from: NikoB on November 12, 2022, 13:56:10I've been enjoying total silence surfing on a Dell G5 5587 in the max performance profile for over 4 years. What do you wish with your new laptops. =)

And in the review of the NB Dell G5 5587 with 1060, it makes only 42dB noise (vs 48+ for new "game" laptops), but it consumes less - but does this do honor to new products with such wild consumption? Where is progress going? In a technological impasse?

The notebookcheck numbers do not agree with you that the G5 is totally silent, but maybe you have yours set up differently or it is special like you.

But the numbers do show the Slim 7 and the Legion 7 (AMD versions), are quieter than your G5 at full cpu load while consuming the same amount of power. And since the G5 chassis additionally gets too hot, this seems like technological progress to me: More processing power, less noise and less heat in the chassis.

I agree it is reasonable to have silence during basic tasks. In fact, I purchased the AMD Legion Slim 7 (for more $) instead of the Intel version so that it would be quieter in use. As you know, amongst Legion laptops, 31db at 100% cpu load is only bested by the Legion 7 (which I did not want to spend extra on).

NikoB

My G5 use huge tuning in OS. It 100% silent in surfing by hours.
In reality, according to reviews, the G5 is 2 times quieter than the L7 series. Naturally, it is slower and consumes less - but it is 4 years old... And there is no more progress, they just increase consumption, and this a priori should not be in laptops - progress when it does not grow or falls (which is even better) and at the same time the performance is higher and higher. Now on the planet the degradation of everything and everything.

NikoB

By the way, according to the latest market statistics, AMD lost almost 7% of the market over the year (15.7% in the third quarter 2022 instead of 22% a year earlier) in the mobile segment and lost 3.1% in the desktop segment (outside server processors) over the same time - the share fell from 17% to 13.9%.

What I wrote about many times - AMD produces "paper" virtual processors (Intel has also succeeded in this lately, but so far it is taking the market away from AMD) of the "last" generation. But it is simply impossible on the planet to buy the most popular solutions in the same U class with them. Where are all these processors, AMD. Why don't manufacturers release working series laptops 15.6"-16" on 6600U/6800U in mass production? Already Zen4 is on its way, again a virtual series in mass retail until 2024 at best case...

RobertJasiek

Romink

Pretty strange to see only 1 M.2 slot and only white keyboard backlight. My S7 15ACH6 has 2 M.2 slots and RGB backlight.
Not adding more USB-A ports also looks very strange, since it was the main issue for me.
Overall looks like very bad upgrade for someone already on S7 but with 15.6 screen, despite newer CPU, RAM and NVMe x4 SSD...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview