News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LG UltraGear OLED 34GS95QE: Pricing announced for CES 2024 Innovation Award winner

Started by Redaktion, March 01, 2024, 18:02:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

LG has now revealed launch pricing for the UltraGear OLED 34GS95QE, a monitor that won an Innovation Award at last month's CES 2024 conference. The UltraGear OLED 34GS95QE is cheaper than many of LG's other new UltraGear OLED gaming monitors, although it still exceeds $1,000.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LG-UltraGear-OLED-34GS95QE-Pricing-announced-for-CES-2024-Innovation-Award-winner.809168.0.html

Mr Majestyk

Is this a joke? Where's the innovation? Another boring run-of-the-mill low res 34" curved screen.

BeeMax

What ? There are better offerings eith 4K QD OLED 240HZ using samsung panels. Dell and ASUS did better monitors. This award seems paid for.

NikoB

The 3440x1440 mode requires a minimum of 36Gbps. The DP1.4b port is only capable of transmitting 25.9Gbps.

HDMI 2.1 full version with FRL6 mode supports 240Hz, but given that LG installed fake DP1.4 in the monitor instead of the correct DP2.0/UHBR10, most likely the HDMI 2.1 ports are also fake and most likely there is no support even for FRL5 mode, which means that both inputs via DP and HDMI the signal is transmitted with loss of quality through DSC compression with losses.

NikoB

24bit without 30bit color(HDR) - 29Gbps, HDR (4:4:4 - lossless color depth) - 36Gbps.

LG declared FreeSync Premium Pro - it's have 4:4:4 mode for HDR...

If there is a decent review with a real flow check, everything will immediately become clear. In principle, DP/HDMI operating mode analyzers are already on the market, even for the latest standards. It's strange that the editors haven't purchased them for reviews yet. It is enough to plug such a device into the port and check in what mode the monitor requests the signal.

Well, or check this programmatically with a specialized program, if you have a computer with a full version of the required port.

I saw a sign from several of the latest monitors with QD/W-OLED, where so far only Gigabyte has found a DP2.0+/UHBR20 input port for 4k@240Hz. The funny thing is that there is not a single video card and not a single port on a laptop that supports this monitor today, as far as I know. Where will buyers connect it?

Kingsman64

Hi I am not a gamer, don't judge 😂 would this monitor be overkill for lightroom and Photoshop image editing I am using high megapixels and stacking macro and astro photos.

If it is overkill what should I be looking at please?

Price is not a problem I just want the best photo editing monitor.

lmao

Quote from: Kingsman64 on March 04, 2024, 22:38:32Hi I am not a gamer, don't judge 😂 would this monitor be overkill for lightroom and Photoshop image editing I am using high megapixels and stacking macro and astro photos.
If it is overkill what should I be looking at please?
Price is not a problem I just want the best photo editing monitor.
it's a wrong place to ask this question, it's not a display review site, no one here understands how calibration works and only looks at average delta e, not realizing that average delta e = 2 when half colors is 0 and half colors is 4.

there are sites like tftcentral.co.uk, focused on proper display reviews. try your luck there.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview