News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

No RTX? No Problem — Razer Blade 15 GTX 1660 Ti Base Model Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, September 21, 2019, 20:45:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The GTX 1660 Ti is only marginally slower than the RTX 2060 in raw GPU horsepower while retailing for hundreds less and it manages to outperform the fastest Blade 15 Pascal configuration. Some hidden drawbacks like the slightly less accurate display and slower CPU performance detract only little from the overall experience.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/No-RTX-No-Problem-Razer-Blade-15-GTX-1660-Ti-Base-Model-Laptop-Review.434894.0.html

Aman S

You failed to mention if this model carries a stock undervolt of -100mV like the RTX/9750H models.

william blake

QuoteThe display backlight flickers at 200 Hz (Likely utilizing PWM) Flickering detected at a brightness setting of 99 % and below. There should be no flickering or PWM above this brightness setting.
The frequency of 200 Hz is relatively low, so sensitive users will likely notice flickering and experience eyestrain at the stated brightness setting and below

guys, please. people should know what that numbers means.
200hz is inappropriate for all
but no flickering on the 100% brightness
so if you want to buy this, make sure you never turn down the brightness first. and you will be fine. otherwise, don't buy.

Adam L

So are we just going to ignore the fact that the CHARGER is hotter than the CPU UNDER LOAD in some tests? I'd say that's something to add to the list of cons...

We will

Quote from: Adam L on September 22, 2019, 05:55:37
So are we just going to ignore the fact that the CHARGER is hotter than the CPU UNDER LOAD in some tests? I'd say that's something to add to the list of cons...

I don't see why not. I mean, we already ignore the fact that Blades (like MBP's) do not have usable keyboards which is the primary input of the device. Everything else is trivial in comparison.

M2018

Solar

Very well written article!

The CPU performance and the back light flickering are unacceptable for $1800. It's always the same with Razer Blade: You want to buy it because of the amazing looks and great trackpad, but you end up choosing something else because the Blade has poor screens (stop buying LG screen, Razer) and is way too expensive for what it offers.

Razer wants to be Apple but fails to deliver good build quality for your money.

Aman

Quote from: Solar on September 24, 2019, 19:14:05
Very well written article!

The CPU performance and the back light flickering are unacceptable for $1800. It's always the same with Razer Blade: You want to buy it because of the amazing looks and great trackpad, but you end up choosing something else because the Blade has poor screens (stop buying LG screen, Razer) and is way too expensive for what it offers.

Razer wants to be Apple but fails to deliver good build quality for your money.

It's not the LG panel that is bad, but the BOE panel usually. I agree about the PWM on this model however, that 200 Hz frequency is pretty bad. As for the price, this is a decent start, however it was easy to find 8th gen models at very good prices (2060 for $1699, 2070MQ for $1799, 2080MQ for $2199) about a month back.

Goemon

ver!tas

Hey Guys,

I´m planning to get a "2019 Razer Blade 15 Base GTX 1660ti 60hz".The one thing I´m worried about is that the 60hz screen does have a PWM of 200hz because I´m sensitive to screen flickering.

According to the review the "2019 Razer Blade 15 Base 1660ti 144hz" has a screen-panel with a PWM of 200hz.

Does anyone know which PWM the similar 60hz model is using?

Thanks for your help in advance !! :)

Matt273628

Great review, very insightful. I'd just like to add for anyone looking to buy that my blade 15 1660 ti purchased late April actually has an LG 144hz panel and has no flickering at lower brightness. My charger has never gotten hot enough that it was uncomfortable to hold or worried me and the CPU will happily stabilise at around 3.3 on creator mode under stress test.
This is not a shot at the review which is very thorough but more likely an example of the lottery when buying Razer products. If you really want one just be vigilant and don't settle for a dud.
Also the CPU is factory -100Mv undervolt.

sommeralex

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview