News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Masimo welcomes restored Apple Watch import ban and announces discount for new Freedom smartwatch

Started by Redaktion, January 22, 2024, 20:17:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The import ban on the Apple Watch in the US has been reinstated. The move has been received positively by Masimo, the company claiming patent infringement on its SpO2 technology, which will be used in its upcoming Freedom wearables. Plus, the brand has announced an offer on the new smart watch and band, which are expected to arrive this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Masimo-welcomes-restored-Apple-Watch-import-ban-and-announces-discount-for-new-Freedom-smartwatch.795644.0.html

Mr Majestyk

Apple takes a holier than thou stance against IP theft yet are one of the biggest IP thieves in history. Fantastic news but Apple has friends in high places and as sure as the sun rises this will one day be overturned on appeal

Dc

I think Apple should just pay the royalties but they probably won't. What I find strange is looking at the Masimo website I'm pretty sure their own watches are going to bomb hard. A collaboration would be so much better

nklnlkn

Quote from: Mr Majestyk on January 23, 2024, 03:38:38IP theft
Masimo has a very weak case, they didn't even win, case ended in mistrial, 6 out of 7 jurors decided Apple not guilty, but had to be 7/7 unanimous verdict for Apple to win. Also most claims by Masimo were upright rejected by judge.
Now Masimo just tries to get public attention for a very weak case and more and more looks like a patent troll. Crowd is braindead though and thinks Masimo is 100% right.

Steven Tuininga

I just think that people in general need to make money somehow, so we Deon's someone else draining it out of us for no reason. Some of us have families to feed as well.Tuininga

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview