News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Pixel 8 Pro reviews may be inadvertantly convincing readers that the Tensor G3 is powering all new AI features

Started by Redaktion, October 26, 2023, 00:01:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

At best, many reviews of the Pixel 8 Pro don't distinguish between when AI tasks are performed on device by the Tensor G3 and when they are off-loaded to Google Cloud for processing. At worst, some assume that all of the AI models are being processed by the Tensor G3, which is far from ideal for consumers seeking out accurate advice on what phone to buy.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Pixel-8-Pro-reviews-may-be-inadvertantly-convincing-readers-that-the-Tensor-G3-is-powering-all-new-AI-features.761760.0.html

George

At the end of the day which models by what OEM's have access to these 'enhanced AI' features?

While in a 'connected world' where everyone has a 'flat rate' data plan and an actual good signal at high speed to Google servers the reality is that not all phone plans are created equal and not everywhere is there a good uncongested signal path to a Google server.

I'd hate to think of the impact to battery life that attempting to up/down load a video to Google servers in a marginal signal environment will have. :)

Bb Tt

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what's done directly on the device and what's done in cloud. As long as it's done properly, that's all that matters. If literally everything was done on the phone, imagine the impact to battery life.
Anyway, stop trying to find something that doesn't exist.

Stephan McCord

I have had the pixel 6 pro since it came out. I think it is and amazing phone. I can't wait to open my new pixel 8 pro on Christmas Day along with the pixel buds pro and the pixel watch 2. I am sure these devices may not be as nice as some of the other devices on the market, but I have come to like Google and their devices. Once you get hooked on the Google experience there will be no other phone for you. I love the Google experience! I don't care what others have to say or think. Keep up the good work Google.

88hdsolvedit

Geez, this is the 3rd article from this garbage unknown tech news site. It keeps coming up in my news feed. And yep it's the same garbage news site with the 3rd article in a week about the exact same thing ...

And I will point out for the 3rd time that in interviews with news reports a week before this garbage, the Pixel team leader explained exactly what cloud resources were being used.

And your list of what is being done by onboard AI only tasks is missing like 10 other AI tasks Pixels offer, that you guys again are too ignorant to research fully or just leaving out the details to keep feeding your non news garbage you keep trying to force.

Here is an article: "iPhones have an emergency SOS feature for even when out of cell coverage range, but they don't emphasize that they use another business's satellites to send out the distress calls. What else are they hiding?" There's more garbage for your site.

I see all the articles talking about the cloud compute features on Pixel 8 Pro and asking obvious reasons why they are not currently available on Regular Pixel 8 and older devices since the cloud is doing the work. Then go on to guess that those phones will get the Pixel 8pro features in the next 6 months to a year as all new features on Pixels are eventually released to older models when they are 6 months away from releasing the next model. This is not rocket science and one damn Google search, could have shown you, that your explode news was a week late and not news at all.

Geez give up, how desperate are you at this garbage site that seems to be run by an AI trained from 3 previous AI's, "Hallucinations or just garbage, you be the Judge- there's another headline for unknown garbage site.

MKBHD

Another garbage article, a hit piece full of an inaccuracies and speculations.
The author of this article has no idea how AI models are work. 

Hyoh

How pathetic can Google get to hire low rate commenters to attack articles that speak the truth that Pixel SOCs are crap.

Neenyah

Tech5865

Quote from: Hyoh on October 27, 2023, 03:13:12How pathetic can Google get to hire low rate commenters to attack articles that speak the truth that Pixel SOCs are crap.

How pathetic are you to believe this garbage article. Do some more research before buying into this crap. Oh and I have been in the tech world for 40 years now and NOT hired by Google.

hugh mungus

Quote from: Tech5865 on October 27, 2023, 11:36:22
Quote from: Hyoh on October 27, 2023, 03:13:12How pathetic can Google get to hire low rate commenters to attack articles that speak the truth that Pixel SOCs are crap.

How pathetic are you to believe this garbage article. Do some more research before buying into this crap. Oh and I have been in the tech world for 40 years now and NOT hired by Google.

What's there to not believe? You turn off the wifi and mobile data on a Pixel 8/8 Pro and suddenly all AI powered photo enhancement options don't work. It's not rocket science. Just basic elementary school science.

G2HTC

Was this written by ChatGPT, or is the author this bad at writing?

It's a nonsensical blog post.

There are features that require cloud service, and there are features that are done in the device. It's that simple.

I don't know why the author is complaining about Google blocking the benchmarking apps. Other companies cheat for their scores. And it's not like benchmarks matter.

Kat

Quote from: hugh mungus on October 27, 2023, 13:21:04You turn off the wifi and mobile data on a Pixel 8/8 Pro and suddenly all AI powered photo enhancement options don't work.

That's not true. Only the magic editor stops working.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview