News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Santander will block all payments to crypto exchanges for UK customers next year

Started by Redaktion, November 07, 2022, 21:06:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although the timeline is not public yet, UK customers of the Santander bank will no longer be able to acquire crypto in less than a year. As a new move in its fight to protect customers from scams, the bank will block online, mobile banking, in-branch, and telephone banking payments to cryptocurrency exchanges.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Santander-will-block-all-payments-to-crypto-exchanges-for-UK-customers-next-year.667028.0.html

Pooh Sheisty

A bank is going to block me from spending money on things it doesnt like, and somehow this is ok? Regardless of what you think of crypto, I would be closing my account immediately if I had one with Santander

Today its crypto, tomorrow its "high carbon emissions products", next week its food that isn't soy and bugburgers

Codrut Nistor

I didn't say it's OK. This was a news piece, not a column/opinion. I just reported the news. If you ask me, I partially agree with you. The problem is that at least some of those who fall victims to such scams could sue the bank and, in the end, the bank could lose more by not enforcing such measures than by doing so and rightfully angering some customers in the process.
P.S. Oh, yeah, don't get me started on vegan propaganda! I enjoy vegan food, I eat some meat from time to time, but I would NEVER try to force my personal habits on others. I could just tell them why I do what I do and how it makes me feel, but nothing more. The big problem with everything these days is that various groups want everyone to be like them or feel guilty for being different.

Sinnys

Still, it's good that there are privacy coins like CRP (Utopia P2P u. is) and anonymous exchangers. They are unlikely to be affected by any restrictions.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview