News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HTC Vive Pro 2 Review - Perfect for Enthusiasts or just Business Customers?

Started by Redaktion, July 20, 2021, 13:10:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HTC announced the Vive Pro 2 and advertises the high resolution, 120 degrees field of view, and integrated premium headphones. Read our article to find out how the Pro 2 performs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HTC-Vive-Pro-2-Review-Perfect-for-Enthusiasts-or-just-Business-Customers.551600.0.html

anon

I wonder how this compares to the Pimax 8KX.

I mean, I know that the FOV is larger, resolution is higher, and framerate is lower on the Pimax. It is also heavier, a bit more expensive, and has no wireless option.

The remaining important aspects for me would be software support (how much additional software is required to be installed to run the Pimax? I hear it might be a lot. Does dynamic rendering cause issues, and can that be easily configured to be fixed?), text clarity in and out of the sweet spot, distortion, and balance when moving quickly.

From this review I might think that the 8K X has better text clarity in a larger area, but I would go with the VP2 if the Pimax's software is bad and text clarity is not much worse in the VP2. For quick moving games I could throw on an older, lighter headset.

You also mentioned the Varjo VR-3 but I cannot imagine that there is very much software support for its eye tracking rendering in common applications, and I understand it requires a subscription fee.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview