News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte P55W V4 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, July 07, 2015, 10:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

San

I agree with this comment! Is it too larger/loud to bring to a university? I'm talking about this specific laptop, I know there are better options as a university student but I have my eyes set on this one. Thank you!

Jimbo

Stop encouraging gaming notebook manufactures to make flashy designs.  I am so limited in the number of gaming laptops I can even consider already and Gigabyte appears to be influenced by this "criticism" by now adding orange stripes.  I can't open up my laptop in a business meeting with "Republic of Gamers" stamped across the top.  I need performance where it counts and understated looks for stealth.  Gigabyte is one of the few gaming laptop manufactures that seemed to get that.

itsuki

Hi,

I bought this computer a few months ago, and I only can say that it is a good computer.

It was perfect for me, I was looking for a laptop, that makes a great deal between performance and mobility, you can easily play the newest games on High/extreme quality, but I will just recommand to buy a cooling pad with it, he can become pretty hot without any cooling system when playing some of the biggest games out there. While playing especially without the coolingpad, the computer can make a lot of noise, but it is not a problem for me, I even play on trains some times and finally you don't hear much, because people and train already making noise.

When viewing movies, coding or doing similar stuffs, the laptop can easily last for more than 5 hours. It will not make a sound, and neither being hot, he is pretty thin, and light so very good for mobility, he got a cd player, that's a great plus, most of other laptops proposing the same kind of laptop like MSI GS series doesn't have one, in fact it is the only one of the interesting laptops for mobility/performance with CD player I found.

This computer is really perfect if you need mobility while being able to make some very great gaming sessions. If you just occasionnally move with your computer just to switch rooms or play to a friend's house, I recommand to take an other computer with less mobility, and better performance.

I need to notice you that I got a problem with my laptop, a connector between the alimentation jack and the motherboard, got a bit burnt, probably because of too much intensity, so when I was playing game alimentation couldn't supply me enough power anymore for my graphic card, so the computer was switching between battery power/ line power while gaming, and I couldn't play more than 30min-1h to some games.

The support took care of this very well, didn't had to pay a thing to send them the computer, everything was taking care of, they said that it already happened to others, so they replaced the burnt part with a more strong one able to support more intensity. Now everything works fine again.

This computer is great, I love it,

Itsuki

MrMagoo74

>:(
What a waste of fucking money. Don't waste your money on this laptop unless you are an advanced user.

Been without my laptop for 3 months out of 15. due to critical performance issues that required a full rebuild. Now having issues with driver updates that have crippled my game time.

still having heat issues and service response is a joke, don't waste your money on Gigabyte anything.

MrMagoo74

Jigsy

I have one of these, but the hard drive in it is now dying.

The maintainance screenshots show that it's easy to remove the panel, but how hard is it to swap the hard drive for a new one?

I'd consult YouTube, but there's no videos about this laptop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview