News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Parallels Desktop 18 officially allows Windows 11 ARM for Apple M1 and M2 Macs

Started by Redaktion, February 18, 2023, 06:07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple M1 and M2 Mac users can now officially download Windows 11 on ARM via Parallels Desktop 18. Windows 11 on ARM does come with limitations when virtualized via Parallels, but most users will be able to game and even run x86 apps with decent performance. Parallels Desktop 18 also several enhancements including the ability to assign up to 18 CPU cores and 62 GB of RAM to the Windows VM in Mac Studios with Apple M1 Ultra SoCs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Parallels-Desktop-18-officially-allows-Windows-11-ARM-for-Apple-M1-and-M2-Macs.695219.0.html

Manino1

If anyone knows how to enable bootcamp assistant on an m1 Mac, please share
Also please share the link of the iso for windows 11 for arm

Silvio B.

Jae

Quote from: Manino1 on February 18, 2023, 11:26:49If anyone knows how to enable bootcamp assistant on an m1 Mac, please share
Also please share the link of the iso for windows 11 for arm

Bootcamp is not available on M1/M2 Macs, only Intel-based ones. Parallels (the program Windows just gave their blessing) is how you would run Windows on a new Mac. We don't know if Bootcamp will be brought back, it could be that Apple and/or Microsoft are not interested or that licensing is an issue.

Quote from: Silvio B. on February 18, 2023, 15:09:47So what does it mean ? Can i install Steam, and run all x64 games, or not ?
Thanks.

It means you can run a virtualized version of Windows on a Mac via Parallels. You can install Steam and games, however, since it is going through a layer of virtualization the performance on more modern games is likely to suffer.

Geologi Mar

Thanks for your updates, I already installed windows 11 Pro on parallels , but i will try this new Windows 11 ARM, can I still use the windows 11 Pro key which I bought from keyingo.com store, to activate the windows 11 arm ?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview