News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 16 9640 review - The multimedia laptop with 4K OLED and an annoying touch bar

Started by Redaktion, April 11, 2024, 16:34:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The XPS 16 9640 is Dell's new multimedia flagship, replacing the old XPS 15. Aside from its larger 16-inch display, it also features current Meteor-Lake processors and GeForce graphics cards, but its GPU performance in particular is unfortunately only average.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-16-9640-review-The-multimedia-laptop-with-4K-OLED-and-an-annoying-touch-bar.825261.0.html

Julian M

So if we learned anything, it's a severely flawed notebook that does not justify the premium price tag it comes with.

- It comes with a Geforce 4070 that is so power-starved that it performs like a 4060
- The stupid touch bar, which even Apple dropped due to horrible ergonomics, is annoying but not so bad?
- The CPU isn't better than last year's 13th gen version.

Why would anyone buy this thing again? And is it a "recommended" model?

A

Why is junk like this getting 89% rating. Sure the performance may be decent for such a slim laptop and it seems to remain relatively cool. Still, no laptop should score "100%" in any category, that is just a sign the rating system needs to be updated. And it fails at pretty much being a laptop with that horrible keyboard and touchpad, lack of ports and PWM

And I agree with the above that it doesn't look that great

Quote from: Julian M on April 11, 2024, 17:44:39- The stupid touch bar, which even Apple dropped due to horrible ergonomics, is annoying but not so bad?

XPS had touchbars before long long ago during the core 2 duo times. So it is weird they chose to make the same mistake twice

NikoB

QuoteXPS had touchbars before long long ago during the core 2 duo times. So it is weird they chose to make the same mistake twice
But those involved in developing models have long since changed, as have marketers. This is a new young greedy shoot that does not care at all about the experience of previous generations. Their motto is we will write everything from scratch (reinvent the wheel) because we are smarter and because we generally don't care.

In large corporations, only the process of drinking the budget and the income flowing into their pockets is important, nothing more. With each new hungry wolf cub, everything repeats itself in a circle, while the corporation still has enough profit from somewhere to survive. Or government subsidies at the expense of taxpayers for kickbacks to officials...

SBK

Why dell and hp notebook so expensive in india compare to the others such as asus,lenovo..etc and they does not offer any advantages rather than low quality product tremendously pricey garbage.

Icence

this Laptop is a complete disappointmentin every sense,,, there is nothing else to comment on

bogumil

Troglodytes in the comment section again
The laptop affords a premium over all others because there is nothing else like it on the market.
Functionality is great as Dell listened to its customers and introduced vapor chamber cooling in the Dell XPS 17 and brought it over to the new XPS 16.
Nvidia designed mobile 4050, 4060, and 4070 to perform similarly at high wattages. You will not see more than 10% greater performance on a 4070 compared to a 4060 at high wattages.
The only aspect that I found concerning was the 320-nit peak brightness on the screen, as I personally love the 500-nit max brightness on my 4k XPS 15 9570.
Overall, I am looking forward to upgrading to the new XPS 16 from my XPS 15 9570.

Neenyah

Quote from: bogumil on April 23, 2024, 08:32:22The laptop affords a premium over all others because there is nothing else like it on the market.
This is 100% true though. There definitely isn't nothing else as shitty as this crap here on the market - for this price.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview