News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad laptops: Online backlash over the removal of external battery options

Started by Redaktion, July 14, 2019, 23:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Avir Desmon

I write from this laptop ( 2006 - 450€ Lenovo 3000 N100 Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5500 ). The battery lasted 4-5 years. Since then it works without battery, without any problems and without data loss during power outages. I do not walk with the laptop, there are tablets for this use. I use laptop instead of desktop because there is no reason to fill my house with boxes, screens, keyboards, cables and dust.
Over the years the software became obsolete. So I decided to look for a modern laptop with more features. I did a good market research. What I found was laptops without a removable battery, without an Ethernet port, without a DVD. I always refer to laptops that have a reasonable price, because the use I make is basic. I also saw that buyers are not very happy with the products they buy. They refer to poor quality, slow operation, screen problems, etc. I also saw the prices of laptops go up a lot, maybe due to the pandemic.
So I decided that the laptop I have is superior to the ones sold today in this price category (around € 500). So I paid €20 and added more RAM. I will see if I can replace the hard drive with an SSD. In general, the laptop has never been fast in internal operations, but on the Internet it goes very well as I can easily open many tabs in browsers (xubuntu system), even two browsers at once (firefox-chromium), which is not at all self-evident in modern laptops.
Evolution is one thing and progress is another. Evolution is to have better software and hardware. Progress is to have happier consumers. If every laptop could last 15 years, like mine, the manufacturers would have gone bankrupt. So, the battery issue makes sense ...

Georgia

I am so disgusted with the internal laptop batteries and no DVD drive and not enough ports for that matter. Why do laptops have be be so "thin" anyway? Is everybody so weak physically that they can't carry a few pounds? I am currently recovering from surgery and temporarily have to use a cane. I have no problem carrying my old "heavy" laptop.

Tim Rollinson

I fully subscribe to comments criticising this internal non-instantly replaceable battery issue. Scandalous if not a complete scam!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview