News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i7-12800H debut: Razer Blade 15 laptop review

Started by Redaktion, March 12, 2022, 04:39:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Razer is pushing the limits of its 3-year old Blade 15 design to greater heights thanks to Intel's new 12th gen Core platform and Nvidia's mobile RTX Ti series. Expect power consumption to be a bit higher than previous generation models as a result.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i7-12800H-debut-Razer-Blade-15-laptop-review.606990.0.html

RobertJasiek

The review does well when describing the outdoor display images as "direct sunlight" or "shade". The review fails to mention in the text the tiny arrow keys and missing Home / End / Page-up/-down keys, and fails to test synthetic, productivity and creative benchmarks for the GPU.

A 12700H-option seems to be missing. I prefer Ryzen 6000 anyway.

I do not buy Razer Blade 15 (2022) because
- prices are outrageous for no apparent reason,
- the display ratio is 16:9,
- essential keys are smaller than normal or missing entirely,
- the brightness 271.4 cd/m² is too low,
- the maximum noise 51.9 dB is way too large,
- I cannot find a way to choose Windows 11 Pro on purchase,
- I cannot find a way to expand support on purchase.

DOC_

I would've got a new Razer, but got a Zbook Studio G8 instead thanks to Razer's obnoxious gamer look.

MichiGan

Sad to see that Razer wins and fails at the same time.
I don't understand how this is possible, but cooling for such an insanely dumb thin chassis is incredible. Around 135 watts on gpu&cpu with around 45 db and very low gpu temps and moderate cpu temps is simply astonishing.

On the other hand I hate to see that Razer is getting worse being controlled by stupid marketing dumbheads, who always have to shave another mm more off of the chassis. 17 mm is incredibly stupid and pure marketing nonsense. With around 2.3 mm it would be still very thin and fairly portable, but cooling would be so much better. 6 mm thicker fans and vapor chamber would crush the competion and you could even fit in a full size 3080 without getting too loud fans and too high temps.

I would be fine if they would go for 2.3 mm on the Blade 15 and 2.5 mm on the Blade 17. Both would be still fairly thin, but not incredibly stupidly thin. THIS would bei great product design.

Please Razer, listen to your engineers instead of marketing dumbheads and build your laptops at appropriate sizes, give us mercurial white with smaller or better no snake logo and we are good to go. Well, prices could certainly drop a bit, but I would pay a premium price if your Blade 15/17 would have premium cooling. But at 17mm or 20mm they haven't. Very disappointing!

Cello

Quote from: RobertJasiek on March 12, 2022, 07:24:19
The review does well when describing the outdoor display images as "direct sunlight" or "shade". The review fails to mention in the text the tiny arrow keys and missing Home / End / Page-up/-down keys, and fails to test synthetic, productivity and creative benchmarks for the GPU.

A 12700H-option seems to be missing. I prefer Ryzen 6000 anyway.

I do not buy Razer Blade 15 (2022) because
- prices are outrageous for no apparent reason,
- the display ratio is 16:9,
- essential keys are smaller than normal or missing entirely,
- the brightness 271.4 cd/m² is too low,
- the maximum noise 51.9 dB is way too large,
- I cannot find a way to choose Windows 11 Pro on purchase,
- I cannot find a way to expand support on purchase.

What are the alternatives then? I want a 14"-15" Ryzen 6000 based laptop with RTX 3060 - 3070, that does not have obnoxious design, but rather a Macbook appeal. Was thinking about the new Blade 14 since new Asus ROG 14" has too "gamery" look for me.

RobertJasiek

LyntonB

jeez that screen looks terrible, pass for me. I can't believe sub 300 is still a thing in 2022. The new G14 Zephyrus is 500nits for example, cheapest option is 400nits

Dorby

I'd expect any $2k+ gaming laptop to have a MacBook Pro level of screen if I was in the market to buy one. If not HDR (OLED or MiniLED), at least a 600 nits IPS.

It is astonishing to me that brands like Razer have a display out of 2015 on a 2022 flagship laptop. Meanwhile, ASUS has 550 nits 90Hz HDR OLED on a $700 laptop.

NikoB

Compare this sh*t by cpu with
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkBook-15p-G2-Testing-the-creator-laptop-with-RTX-and-4K.609398.0.html

12800 vs 11800...and with a crushing account, 11,800 wins in almost all AIDA64 tests, in addition to the memory tests, where the DDR4 3200 obviously cannot cope with the DDR5 4800. But what is the same if computationally 12800 is a wheelchair for something close with the initial 11300H. It is not worth 2/3 of its price ...

The screen for the response speed is disgraced. Contrast is low. Keyboard from 14 "models by 15.6? Who thought it up?

eavelardev

This model only support 1 thunderbolt port not two. Two TB4 are supported for the Advanced (Mid 2021) version

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview