News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Please! When will Pokemon Go die?

Started by Redaktion, January 21, 2024, 21:28:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A franchise whose opening marketing statement was "Gotta Catch Em All", yet introduces new Pokemon characters every 3 years. How feasible is it to actually collect every single one? A game that spawned zombies on street corners frantically staring and swiping at screens, is Pokemon Go a game, or a ploy to keep people buying "in app purchases" on a never ending quest?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Please-When-will-Pokemon-Go-die.795456.0.html

Hunter2020

It don't matter.  I have owned over 5 different Android tablets over the past 7 years.  To this day I still haven't got a clue what Pokemon Go is...

random commenter

For me, since it is the people's choice to play that game, so be it. The thing that bugs me is how Pokemon Go was touted as an "AR" game. As far as I am aware, when Pokemon Go was launched, it is just Pokemon/s overlayed on top of camera view. I wouldn't consider that "AR".

Gushing granny

Pokémon Go is the greatest mobile game ever created for one simple fact: it forces you to leave the house and touch grass. it was even better before Covid as it was incredibly social. You would have people meeting up in large groups for raid parties. But unfortunately, that part has kinda died out. But the first grass touching remains.

Ednumero

What a time, the launch of this game was.

In spite of its effect on society - rather, the mysterious nature of its permeation that created unexpected players while also disinteresting certain more demographically-aligned folks you may have hoped to experience the unique time in history with (perhaps for the reasons I'm about to get into...)

... I'll never not wish that it played more like Red/Green's action menus and less like a carnival basketball stand. Or that critical features such as stop submission or team swapping weren't missing during that formative first year... or that storage size would finally back down from its continual state of such overbearing monetization.

The game fulfills its community-enabling role, to a large extent, but not without incredible shortcomings. A faithful mobile manifestation of the franchise is something we have still yet to encounter, and it's a shame that we may have already burned the fanatic energy on the launch of the game as it was. We may never see this again, even if a proper successor comes along.

George

While I'll admit to getting Pokemon Blue as a package deal with a GBC at Costco back in 1999. I'll also admit that horribly simple & repetitive nature of the game was somehow 'addictive' even though I never attempted to or even got anywhere close to 'capturing them all'. LOL!

As 'microtransactions' have become the norm and there are more 'pay to win' games then good old honest 'PLAY to win' titles developers have latched onto their 'ca$h cow'.

Create something casual & simple but somehow addictive that involves as many < $5 purchases as you can shoehorn into it then sit back and enjoy all the cash that flows in. :(

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview