News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Air M2 Entry Review – A very good, but too expensive daily MacBook

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2022, 19:50:03

Previous topic - Next topic

_MT_

Quote from: Pinsu on July 25, 2022, 14:07:50Macbooks feel kinda outdated despite the great chipsets... I wish Apple would jump to modern hardware and finally make MacPad with a great ARM chipset. It would be instant buy for me, but as of now, meh.
They do, it's called iPad (Air|Pro). You do realize that Surface Pro 8 is a tablet, not a laptop, right? Perhaps your wish is to have macOS on a tablet but the hardware already exists.

Harrykonstantinos

So....its worse than the 3 year old model and costs more money but gets the same overall rating?

The M1s were a rare instance where 92% was justified, but there's a clear intrinsic bias here.

It's like when the page for the a15 declares it's far ahead of the competition but the 2/3 benchmark averages it level pegging with SD rival, but adding geekbench skews the average. The same geekbench that puts the a14 ahead of a15 amongst its many incoherent stats..

Apple makes decent stuff, but it's nothing special, especially without touch or stylus, which apparently doesn't lose it any points against devices that are basically just as high spec and well made.

Competitors struggle enough against hyper-brand-loyalty without you guys dropping 92%  scores on a rehashed chip 3 years on in a device that's no better in any notable way, actually worse in some ways, AND 20% more expensive.

It does look lush though... ;)

Josh Murfield

Quote from: Kotaru on July 26, 2022, 22:19:05There is a mistake in the article, the M1 MacBook Air also has display P3 gamut coverage. Your own tables even show it.
Makes the M2 MBA look like even worse value

I was wondering about that myself!  But if it has P3 wide color gamut (both M1 and M2), how do they not have temporal dithering (also supposedly verified on the reviews for both)?  I think it's understood that neither has a true 10-bit panel, so would there still be some dithering that would affect sensitive users?

Urban clap

Thank you for talking about a macbook blog, and that it makes it so you can build a community and people can get in touch with you. keep posting like this...

Regards,
Macbook repair dubai

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview