News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

That awkward moment when a Core i5-1135G7 can outperform the more expensive Core i7-1165G7

Started by Redaktion, January 03, 2021, 03:13:31

Previous topic - Next topic

r.j.a. schmitz

Please do compare products that have equal specifications. This is misleading. I'd be inclined to think you do not know what you are talking about.

Jai

This is to be expected as more cores requires more time to perfrom instruction but more of them leading to higher core score. This is seen with ryzen 1600 2600 3600 chips vs 1700 2700 and 2800 depending on the test..

The i5s look like i7s qith cores turned off..

SirStephenH

That awkward moment when you read the article and discover that, as expected, the i7 does in fact perform better because the large graphics gains are much more important than the small general processing losses.

mik

The cooling is worse on the black edition, it has to deal with a dedicated GPU in addition to the CPU whereas the silver edition has to deal with the CPU only. A better cooled i5 device can beat an i7 device, there is no surprise in this news and shouldn't surprise anyone. Dell in general is really low when it comes to cooling solutions. They should have used a dual pipe solution at least for the dGPU version.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview