News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Spectre x360 14 review - High-end convertible now with a larger 120-Hz OLED

Started by Redaktion, February 18, 2024, 02:09:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindera

Quote from: Jas on February 20, 2024, 05:15:38Anyone know about laptops with touchscreen OLEDs that do not have a grainy digitizer? I wouldn't know where to even search for something like that.

Maybe the Samsung laptops from this year. Their tab S8/s9 ultra has a high quality OLED panel without the cheap crap overlay mesh. Hopefully they have used the same high end panels in their laptops. It really annoys me how almost no reviewers mention this obvious problem with almost every touch screen OLED laptop. All the screen look obviously grainy!
[/quote]

I've always liked Samsung displays but they don't have a good reputation when it comes to their laptop reliability mainly because of their design flaws.

Can anyone validate if this new HP flagship has a hazy screen or not because of it's digitizer?
[/quote]

Returning mine because of the screen door effect caused by the digitizer.
Hoping the Samsung book4 pro might be better, but not sure because the specs mention amoled and not super amoled. Anyone first hand experience with this lineup?

toto1234

I don't understand how reviews can differ so much from real life experience.

I own this laptop and my experience is pretty bad so far.

"extremely quiet companion overall"
I call bullshit on that, my desktop computer with AiO and geforce 4070 is quieter when doing web surfing and office work.
The fan is noisy, just like the previous model (I used to have the Spectre 14 from 2021)

The battery life is also bullshit, you can divide the results by 2 for real life experience.

And as for the screen, HP advertises it as being flicker free, so that's basically a lie.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with my purchase.

SiteForSoreEyes

Seen a couple of people mention the grainy overlay from the touch screen. It's really obvious and distracting on my machine and makes everything look low res / blurry. Far worse, though, is the flicker. As soon as I look at the screen I can feel my eyes getting strained and after a couple of minutes they're so blurry I can't see. Lasts a worryingly long time, too. Obviously not happy, given how expensive it was.

HP told me that a) the screen is flicker-free and b) it doesn't use PWM. I've never had an issue on any screen on any device ever until this one. So...what gives?

bobby_G

I'd like to hear an answer to this, too. Same experience for me. *DOES* the screen use PWM? HP Support also told me it doesn't. Comparing two screens side by side - the Spectre shows clear flicker vs other screen (apple Retina). Both are supposedly "flicker free."

Does anyone know definitively? 

Neenyah

Every OLED is using PWM.

Also here from the review:
QuoteScreen flickering / PWM detected   480 Hz

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview