News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI Titan GT77 HX 13V im Test - Ultimativer Gaming-Laptop mit RTX 4090 & Core i9-13950HX

Started by Redaktion, February 07, 2023, 15:02:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Mit dem neuen Titan GT77 HX 13 zeigt MSI eindrucksvoll, was bei einem Gaming-Laptop im Jahr 2023 möglich ist und kombiniert die schnellsten Technologien inklusive der rasanten GeForce RTX 4090, die ausreichend Leistung für das brandneue 4K-Mini-LED-Panel mit 144 Hz bietet.

https://www.notebookcheck.com/MSI-Titan-GT77-HX-13V-im-Test-Ultimativer-Gaming-Laptop-mit-RTX-4090-Core-i9-13950HX.689224.0.html

Dengo

Wieviel will MSI davon verkaufen Weltweit? 2 Stk im jeden Land wo es angeboten wird?

Völlig überzogener Preis kein normaler Mensch kauft sich sowas.

SuperDave

Quote from: Dengo on February 07, 2023, 15:06:58Wieviel will MSI davon verkaufen Weltweit? 2 Stk im jeden Land wo es angeboten wird?

bin ich ganz deiner meinung. völlig übertrieben. bin mal auf die 4070 modelle gespannt.

RobertJasiek

Die Geschwindigkeit beeindruckt so wie der Preis und Lärm hoch sind. (Nur Siemens NX schießt mal wieder den Vogel ab wohl aufgrund einer Treiberschranke.)

Wieso funktioniert denn Blender auf den 4000-Laptop-GPUs? Bei den Desktops hattet ihr ja nur Probleme damit.

Wie werden die beiden hinter Kühlpipes versteckten Lüfter gereinigt? Kann man sie rausnehmen, ohne die Kühlpipes zu bewegen?

NikoB

Again, strange results in GTA V (2015) - only 138.5fps in QHD and for some reason 175.7fps in 4k, which requires much more resources. All other games are exactly the opposite. There is a clear error from test to test from review to review.

What do we see in comparison with Razer on the same processor?
PL1=150W in Titan or 37% higher than Razer. The difference in speed is only 6% in CBR15, and judging by the gradual drop in numbers, you had to continue the test for another 30 minutes. Especially for Titan with a separate extended schedule. It is obvious that the laptop cannot keep these 4900 parrots further and the computing speed will gradually drop. Clearly extremely inefficient use of energy in the MSI Titan.

Go ahead...
Razer with the same processor has a much faster 5600 memory than the infamous 4800. What immediately affects the AIDA64 tests for working in Photoshop is that Razer is almost 25% faster in the Photoworx test. A very significant difference for a professional. And all because of the slow 4800 memory, which have throughput only a shameful 60-63Gbyte/s, instead of 78-83Gbyte/s in Razer with 5600.

Let me remind you again that the memory controller in Apple's M2 Max is almost 5 times faster than that of the i9 13950HX - it pumps up to 400GByte/s. Camp x86 is completely defeated. Years ahead...
Let me remind you again that the memory controller in Apple's M2 Max is almost 5 times faster than that of the i9 13950HX - it pumps up to 400GByte/s. Camp x86 is completely defeated. Years ahead... For example, in Zen4 7945HX there is simply nothing to serve 28 pci-e 5.0 lines, which simultaneously require at least 112 GByte/s, and the memory speed is much lower, but should be (for everything else to work easily) up to 10 times higher, i.e. almost 1TByte/s for top mobile Zen4. When will we see a 512-1024 bit memory controller in the x86 camp? With pumping from 0.5TByte/s at least for RAM speed? We don't need a 100MB L3 cache (like SLC cache in SSD). We need HBM memory in x86. Here and now...

System latency:
Despite the wild CPU and super speed, it has obvious problems with smooth video and sound, according to Latency Monitor tests. MSI needs to do something urgently with the drivers. However, Razer is also not doing well in this matter.

The main thing in 3D is that the games finally got stable 60fps+ with a mobile 4090. But of course, there is no question of any 120Hz+. But thanks to a versatile 16:10 4k panel that easily switches to fhd mode for crystal-clear imagery (as opposed to Razer's muddy 2.5k fhd mode), they'll easily get over 100fps in any game at Ultra settings, if desired.

Key notes about 4k miniLED panel:
1.   A key note about 144Hz mode for this panel is that to support HDR operation at this frame rate, the eDP link must be pumping around 40Gbps. But as far as I know, neither RaptorLake nor Zen4 (even Phoenix with "4nm") support UHBR20 mode. Zen4 officially only supports UHBR10 in the Phoenix version, and Raptor Lake generally only infamous eDP1.4b with a maximum of 32Gbit/s (including overhead and 25.92Gbit/s without). As everyone knows, officially NVidia and AMD also do not support DP2.0 (2.1) in their video chips for laptops in 2023, and certainly not in UHBR20 mode. It turns out that MSI forgot to inform owners of Titan laptops that the panel is connected to a laptop via an interface that is not able to transmit a 3840x2400@144Hz 30bit (HDR) signal in lossless mode. And transmits it only in lossy DSC mode, i.e. the picture is not a perfect monitor lossless mode 4:4:4. Thus, even the 120Hz mode in HDR is not achievable here, if there is eDP1.4b in the i9 only and only with DP2.0+ with UHBR10 120Hz with HDR are achievable...
2.   The author took measurements contrast of miniLED in native mode, knowing full well about the key problem of miniLED - halos around text at the borders of light and dark zones. This is an irreparable shortcoming. Is it possible to turn off multi-zone backlighting on this panel via MSI software and work with one common backlight, as in some miniLED monitors? If there is, I would like to see tests of native contrast with multi-zone highlighting turned off and without halos around the text. Only microLED will give us an analogue of AMIOLED, but on the condition that it will not flicker and will have a resource of 15k hours, as opposed to 7-8k hours on a typical AMOLED, all other things being equal.
So far, the usual IPS 4k@120Hz (in 24-bit mode) with a native contrast ratio of 1500:1+ remains the best choice for the eyes.
3.   The response time cannot be zero a priori.

The fact that the laptop is very noisy (traditionally for MSI) is obvious and there is no point in focusing on this. Although I would like to get a more detailed study of the laptop's operation in a normal load when setting up the operation of coolers through MSI's proprietary cooler management utility - this is their significant advantage over laptops from other companies, only L7Pro 2023 supposedly will receive the same utility for the first time in Lenovo's history - please and there to investigate this question carefully when you have it on tests.

What can I say in the end, given the weight of the laptop along 5kg+ with PSU and its wild noise in games? What is this all for? This is no longer a laptop, but a portable system unit with a built-in monitor. In reality, only shift workers and sailors at sea need such a machine, because they just have nothing else to do there. But why somewhere need to buy this monster for home, instead of a much quieter desktop computer with a much faster desktop 4090?

Well, since these are top-end laptops, I would like to clearly know that HDMI 2.1 in them definitely supports 48Gbps mode and VRR from 30fps (which is important for example in movies)...

Seltsamer Preis

Quote from: SuperDave on February 07, 2023, 19:26:30
Quote from: Dengo on February 07, 2023, 15:06:58Wieviel will MSI davon verkaufen Weltweit? 2 Stk im jeden Land wo es angeboten wird?

bin ich ganz deiner meinung. völlig übertrieben. bin mal auf die 4070 modelle gespannt.

MSI hat bei einigen Modellen oft völlig überzogene Euro-Preise (zB: MSI Stealth GS 66, das war ja teurer als ein Razer Blade 15, die US-$ Preise lagen deutlich niedriger).
In dem US Markt soll das Gerät wohl 4500 US $ kosten, verglichen mit 6.500€ ist das weniger verstörend.
Versteh mich nicht falsch, für mich ist das immer noch viel zu teuer.

Würde mich wirklich mal interressieren, wieso MSI in Europa einige (nicht alle) Geräte zu derart exorbitanten Preisen zu verkaufen versucht. Denn mit dem Wechselkurs & Steuern ist das nicht zu erklären, oder?

Andreas Osthoff

In den USA kostet das Modell 5.299 US-Dollar, hier kommen aber jeweils noch Steuern drauf. So groß ist der Unterschied daher nicht.

seltsamer Preis

Quote from: Andreas Osthoff on February 08, 2023, 11:53:36In den USA kostet das Modell 5.299 US-Dollar, hier kommen aber jeweils noch Steuern drauf. So groß ist der Unterschied daher nicht.
stimmt, da hab ich mich geirrt:  Das Modell mit 2TB (64gb RAM, 4090, i9-13980) soll lt TomsHardware 4599US$ kosten.
Das Modell des GT77HX mit i913980hx 4090, UDH miniLed, 128DDR5 Ram, 4TB (4x4) SSD soll lt MSI-Website  5.299US-$ kosten (US Store MSI), ModellNr. 13VI-042US.
Mathe ist nun wirklich nicht meine stärke, aber auch bei einem Wechselkurs von 1:1 (also überbewertung des Euros vgl mit dem US-Dollar) kämen doch mit 19% MwSt noch 1.006,81 € hinzu = 6.305 € (für das Modell mit 128 DDR Ram, wohlgemerkt).
Nimmt man den tatsächlichen Wechselkurs kommt man auf 4938,14 € + 19% MwSt = 4938, 14 + 938, 25  = 5.876,34 €. (letzte Stelle immer aufgerundet) für das Modell 13VI-042US (also mit 128 GB RAM).

Falls (!!!!!) ich mich nicht verrechnet habe, bleibt da immer noch eine ziemliche Preisdifferenz übrig, selbst für das 128 GB RAM Modell. Für das 64GB Ram Modell 6.600€ zu verlangen finde ich schon eine seltsame Preisdifferenz. So hoch können die Transportkosten ja nicht sein, oder?
Aber wie gesagt, Mathe ist nicht meine stärke, vlt ist mir auch einfach ein Fehler unterlaufen.

RobertJasiek

Wenn der Euro stärker ist, durch den Kurs, heute 1,07187, teilen, dann für 19% MwSt. mit 1,19 multiplizieren und Peanuts für Zollgebühren ignorieren. Transport aus Asien in die USA oder nach Deutschland sollte vergleichbar teuer sein, rechtfertigt keinen Aufpreis. Andere Stromadapter, Tastaturlayouts und Verbraucherrechte als Peanuts ignorieren.

Bananarama1

RobertJasiek

"Bei gleicher TGP ist das neue GT77 in diesem Test 53 % effizienter als der Vorgänger mit der RTX 3080 Ti."

Soweit so gut. Allerdings hat Nvidia als zentrale Werbeaussage mit 3-facher Effizienz geworben: gleiche Geschwindigkeit wie Ampere, aber bei 1/3 TDP. Auch das ist zu verifizieren oder widerlegen!

Popelatius

Hoffentlich fährt MSI dieses Jahr mal richtig gegen die Wand mit ihrem überteuerten Plastikfrumms

testerjoe

QuoteAgain, strange results in GTA V (2015) - only 138.5fps in QHD and for some reason 175.7fps in 4k, which requires much more resources. All other games are exactly the opposite. There is a clear error from test to test from review to review.
The 4k results of GTA V are in high settings and QHD in ultra (as the benchmark is quite old and at that time Notebookcheck tested 4k in high as it was the only reasonable setting laptops could achieve.

NikoB

Quote from: testerjoe on February 13, 2023, 17:32:52The 4k results of GTA V are in high settings and QHD in ultra (as the benchmark is quite old and at that time Notebookcheck tested 4k in high as it was the only reasonable setting laptops could achieve.
This is nonsense, because In all other games, the exact result is the opposite result - in 4K there are always fewer FPS. And this is the right result.

You can come to the conclusion that people who created GTA5 simply deceived the audience and they have no support for 4K pictures - they simply emulate it through some cunning smoothing of a conventional FHD mode. Hence such a result.

Micha Jan.

Wie schon erwähnt der Preis ist Realitätsfremd finde Ich . Für 4500€ bekomme ich diverse Laptops die auch eine RTX 4090 haben und ein Mini LED Display . Ich verstehe nicht was 2000€ Mehrpreis rechtfertigen .
Ich schätze das kaum welche verkauft werden und das wäre auch gut so .

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview