News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Confusing Intel Arrow Lake desktop chip names revealed by new leak

Started by Redaktion, May 01, 2024, 22:04:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A noted X leaker says that Intel has changed its naming scheme for its Arrow Lake desktop processors. Unlike previous generation models, K and non-K variants will have different model numbers. For example, the Core i9 14900K and 14900 successors will now be called Core Ultra 9 285K and Core Ultra 9 275, respectively.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Confusing-Intel-Arrow-Lake-desktop-chip-names-revealed-by-new-leak.833349.0.html

ArsLoginNamee

George

Gee, no surprise here - a slew of confusing products with various naming conventions!! LOL!

Basic: if you can't create a competitive product baffle the market with confusion.

So they are FINALLY getting iGPU's that are kinda-sorta useful and Team Blue decides not to include them in their desktop products. (I guess they assume that for desktops more advanced users will install a GPU card)

Neenyah

Everyone is doing that, not just Intel. Intel's names are at least simple and not like Qualcomm's (X1E-84-100, X1E-78-100, X1P-64-100, ...) 😒

JUAN_pcbox

It's really a shame for Intel to confuse users and even more so the buyer who only looks at the sticker believing that he is buying a latest generation Intel and in the end realizes that he can't even play minesweeper. This is really worrying because Intel cannot compete against AMD and Qualcomm, which every year release processors that are almost twice as powerful. I have been clear about this for 4 years and I see it in all the professional forums that people are fleeing from Intel.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview