News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tipster claims that the PlayStation 5 will cost more and perform worse than the Xbox Series X: Resident Evil Village could run at a mere 1080p/60

Started by Redaktion, August 10, 2020, 08:03:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonym

Quote from: Conor on August 10, 2020, 14:47:50
The PS4 Pro had 4.2 tflops while the Xbox One X had 6. Xbox has always since the dawn of time had more power. What does this mean? Absolutely nothing. There is nothing my Pro can do that my X can't. These attempts to dowwnplay the other consoles are pathethic and will in no way factor into the final result. This article is a terrible attempt at provoking feud.
Actually, the defining factor this generation was the lack of power of the original Xbox One coupled with the fact it was USD$/€100 more expensive than the original PS4. That double-whammy made the platform very unappealing in the early days, both for consumers as the software houses developing the games (i.e., lower install base == less motivation to spend resources in that platform). I agree with you that these attempts to downplay the competitors hardware are pathetic, but facts are still facts. No one, other than Microsoft itself, would ever spend the time properly optimizing for the One X because (1) this is a money making business and (2) once the original PS4 got its win without much dispute the economics of designing games specifically for the power advantage of One X just weren't there.

I might even argue that we may see the same thing with the PS5, if it sells much better than the XSX then no one will care to take advantage of the extra power. It's just business.

justin

i see a lot of people on here posting comments on a topic they know nothing about. sorry but the ps5 is not miles behind the xbox series x like some user claimed and the ps5 is not backwards compatible to ps1 like some other used claimed its only to ps2 while the series x goes all the way to the original xbox. and when it comes to pwere xbox has always been more powerful does that make a difference yes it does

Mori

Its so funny this gen the ps fan boys were talking trash when the original xbox one came out, the PlayStation is more powerful has more teraflops bla bla bla, now the tables have turned and all they wont to do is deny it or bang on about god of war.

TheWizardOz

Thank goodness I'm not an f-boy with a sticker on my hat and Monster energy drink cans littered around my feet. I'm a gamer. I care about good games, and Playstation has that over Xbox in spades. So what if multiplatform games run slightly better on Xbox than Playstation? PS5 loads content almost twice as fast as Xbox, which opens doors to some crazy possibilities and experiences for the ever-growing list of epic Playstation exclusives. There is a reason Unreal Engine 5 was showcased on PS5 and not Xbox. Playstation is for gamers. Xbox is for f-boys who wank over CoD and meh Halo games. The 360 > PS3 IMO, but Xbox has been going downhill since. I'm looking forward to Fable, Forza and FlightSim, but if I can play them on PC without buying an Xbox I can't see why I would ever buy one.

Fake News

Nobody knows how it performs o  either console except game devs testing their builds of the games on each platform, which I doubt your sources got the info from considering their both a few months away from release.

Unless you can tell me in plain black and white terms what gerafloos mean and how they impact performance, I dont care and neither should anybody else.

At the end of the day its whatever console you like, doubt anybody really cares too much.

It's hardly like the ps5 9s gonna be slow lol, both are gonna be miles ahead the previous gen so it foesnt matter at all, differences are the exclusive games and that's all really.

Bobster687

So this person definitely knowsthat one console will be more expensive than the other. Yet they cannot give us a definitive pricerice? That just puts the credibility of their whole post in question.

JustPassingBy

This just shows this site is quick to post articles without checking the source.
That same leaker took back what he said after a couple of minutes.
He said that the PS5 version will run in 4k/60(not native).

alixzibit

Microsoft is no longer fighting Sony on console level. Microsoft is thinking ahead. Their game pass is their actual product, the ability to play all games irrespective of platform of choice (PC, Xbx, xcloud) is going attract millions of new players to Xbox live platform. Sony WILL die before they make a game pass like service which offers access to ALL of their games from day one. Its just not their business model and cannot fight Microsoft on that level since Microsoft specializes in data and cloud tech. What this Netflix type service is also going to do is encourage better cross platform games development and at the same time attract more developers, that is if Microsoft really follows what Netflix does and that is pay upfront bulk amount to developer and reap break even and profits over time through subscribers rather than traditional Sony like business model of number of copies sold base their profit off agreed percentages

Idx

Typical Americans. Whining about PS might cost more than the Xbox "deal with it" - I am more than willing to spend more on a system that is better designed for its purpose - and that is to run good games. Good games like, God of war, Nioh, most likely ghost of tsushima sequels, TLOU sequels, uncharted, the list just goes on and on. Only suckers would cough up money to MS for a console where the games can be played on PC. Typical MS though, they never really cares about quality content, profit is what matters first, which is why their content is generic and bland.

Zachary Law

bullshit. If ps5 runs at 1080 60 then what do they expect a 1. Something TF difference to make in contrast? Baring in mind a TF is not a 1:1 unit of measurement and shouod never be used to gauge power at face value. The ps5 is plenty capable to deliver on its promises and the dynamic frequency just gives the system more headroom to play with if games need a boost in a certain area. Also, GPUs never work at 100% all the time and this frees up resources elsewhere as to eliminate thermals being a potential bottleneck. With that said, if the dev is having issues, then that says nothing about the hardware, but this is especially laughable considering that ps5 will be just as easier, if not outright easier than ps4 to develop for. It seems at least the RE engine isn't optimised for ray tracing or any next gen feature. Regardless, why anyone would take this seriously is beyond me, especially when PS5 has more GPU headroom due to that boost capability and the fact it won't always need to run at 100%.

Gotham the Kell of nyc

Console fanboys debating what's better when PC gamers have enjoyed these enhancements for 10yrs lol. I'm buying a ps5 but later in the life cycle when I feel I need to buy one and my Xbox series x? I might get the digital version to take on the road. Since I normally play destiny 2, any Halo and division.

Barrie Grieve

I'll still be going for the PS5, the differences between the two consoles are probably going to be tiny and I will NEVER buy a Microsoft product.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview