News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GPD Win 4: Source of in-game micro-stutters surfaces for new gaming handheld

Started by Redaktion, April 25, 2023, 20:03:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It appears that GPD may not be equipping the Win 4 with native landscape displays. Instead, the company is using IC conversion which is causing micro-stuttering when playing 2D and 3D games. Apparently, GPD is actively working to resolve the issue.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GPD-Win-4-Source-of-in-game-micro-stutters-surfaces-for-new-gaming-handheld.709867.0.html

Aps

GPD's reply is one of the worst I've seen. They are definitely losing customers for this.

poes

Phawx's comment about lowering the refresh rate "fixes it completely" is completely incorrect.

AndrewWW

GPD released an official fix for this and a few of us on the GPD discord have successfully flashed the IC chip. No need to solder but you do have to open the back of the device.

Smeech

Yesterday, GPD released a software only fix.  Yes, it updates the screens FW. I've used it on mine and it completely solved the issue.

Droix published an excellent guide to follow.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview