News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Employee outcry over his stance on gay marriage pushes Mozilla's CEO to step down

Started by Redaktion, September 21, 2021, 22:55:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Being the first CEO to go down in what might be the world's first social media-driven ouster is not a badge to wish for, but now Brendan Eich owns it. Sadly, this sets a bad precedent for the entire industry and raises a few questions regarding the power of public outcry, be it justified or not.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Employee-outcry-over-his-stance-on-gay-marriage-pushes-Mozilla-s-CEO-to-step-down.563103.0.html

tom smith

wth is this notebookcheck? if suppressing human rights is your opinion and you make that opinion public you deserve any and all retribution you get

This is not a good look for you nor is it a good look for notebookcheck. I highly advise taking down this article.

Pointingout

Trevor Waters

WTF is this homophobic bullshit article that talks about something that happened seven years ago doing on Notebook Check? Why the hell was this post approved in the first place? It's pretty obvious from his commentary that Codrut Nistor is a homophobic POS and needs to be removed from this site. Otherwise I will no longer be reading this website.

Wereweeb

You posted cringe. People have always been held accountable for opinions that cause harm to society.

Golden Eye

First of all, in terms of content, this article is rather unsuitable for notebookcheck, you should have opened an "Opinion" section instead. Nevertheless, I agree with you - social movements and democracy must clash at some point.

Still, firing a new CEO over political reasons like this only confirms that Mozilla's days are numbered - they are slowly resembling another Yahoo sadly.

neatspreadsheets

Why are you going out of your way to finding out a subject so that you can come out in favour of homophobia? Why did this get posted here?

Dana

Dana

And of course employee will outcry and the CEO should be kicked out, how can u expect to receive same opportunities when he thinks u don't even deserve same rights?

And if u don't want democracy (true democracy, not ur lame excuses to exclude LGBT folks from society and work life) u can go to f*** urself in a desert island, china, north Korea or another "democratic" country that ignore humans rights and which u can't complain bc the boss can "invite" u to leave

Dana

Quote from: Golden Eye on September 21, 2021, 23:53:40
First of all, in terms of content, this article is rather unsuitable for notebookcheck, you should have opened an "Opinion" section instead. Nevertheless, I agree with you - social movements and democracy must clash at some point.

Still, firing a new CEO over political reasons like this only confirms that Mozilla's days are numbered - they are slowly resembling another Yahoo sadly.

FYI, democracy start with equals rights and being held accountable for being against that (democracy) is core to democracy

Plus also u forget this has more to do with capitalism, if u attack like 10% of the population it will make it harder to sell ur product to not only that 10%, also to the ones supporting them (which is like another 50%), unless u force people to use the product it will be the same anyways

I am going to install mozzila, FYI

LL

"FYI, democracy start with equals rights and being held accountable for being against that (democracy) is core to democracy"

First you don't even understand what concepts you talking about. Democracy is the decision  by vote to who have legal power to do violence to enforce the laws said vote winners created.
A Democracy can even vote a law that kills me, you for whatever reason the winner. 

As you show you want to consider people that don't agree with you to be banished from even leading a company.

Second you are lying.

Your "equal rights" then implies equal taxes for everyone. I am sure you don't defend that.
Equal rights implies that everyone gets same amount from taxes.
I am sure you don't agree with that either.

This just one example of your "equal rights".

Anonymousgg

Not sure why this ancient news is here, but Mozilla sure did suffer after Brendan Eich left, cancel culture is more toxic than ever, and the smart gays realize that marriage is a mistake.

Fun blast from the past, GG to Codrut Nistor.

LL

As expect the historical ignorants  want totalitarian control over other people they disagree with.
We are already seeing book burning, next there will be undesirables being burned.

"People have always been held accountable for opinions that cause harm to society."
So you want all communist people fired from their jobs?

Neat Spreadsheets

"As expect the historical ignorants  want totalitarian control over other people they disagree with."

Pretty rich coming in support of someone who got axed for advocating for taking away people's rights.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview