News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 15 9570 (i7, UHD, GTX 1050 Max-Q) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, September 19, 2018, 00:39:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Yang

It's so weird, when i first got the laptop about 3 years ago i did not immediately notice the throttling. When it started to overheat and drop performance in some games like Overwatch and Fallout 4 I tried to check what was going on with the laptop. I think it was a BIOS update or something like that, that did not let me undervolt the CPU and then the GPU would start throttling at 74C, something it did not do when i first got it. The only solution that has worked for me at the moment is disabling turbo boost on the CPU so it at least mantains 1.8 - 2.2Ghz and not throttle to 800mhz when it gets to hot when boosting. I aslo checked how my gpu was performing and anything over 700 - 800mhz would immediately get temperatures to rise and make it throttle. It is insane how it will clock up to its limit for 5 minutes and immediatly throttle down, so i have to game everything at 720p as to avoid throttiling, it is so sad having to spend this much money on a laptop for it to throttle and underperform after some years of light - mid use. I just wanna know if anyone has also had this issue? or is there any fix to that 74C throttling temperature for the GPU?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview