News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2022 HP Envy x360 13 convertible review: Core i5-1230U or Core i7-1250U?

Started by Redaktion, October 21, 2022, 00:07:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The latest Envy redesign incorporates many features found on the Spectre series but for hundreds of dollars less. The new 16:10 form factor is certainly more spacious, but it comes at the cost of a slightly larger chassis.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2022-HP-Envy-x360-13-convertible-review-Core-i5-1230U-or-Core-i7-1250U.662349.0.html

NikoB

8GB of soldered memory at the end of 2022? This is right under the bulldozer. Demand for this model, and even at such a price, will not be 100% at all. Despite the good SoC performance (ram too slow by tuning in bios for lpddr4 4266), the laptop is essentially useless garbage without 32GB on board with a margin of 3-5 years of use...

Well, the noise is a bit big under load, but what can you demand from a 13" model? Although...given the weight and low levels of PL2/PL1, the cooling system should definitely be quieter or the SoC at the same noise levels should be another 10-15% faster in CBR15.

The author himself wrote about the slow response screen, especially since it is glossy due to the presence of a touch layer. Since it performs the function of a tablet, the resolution should even be higher, at least 2560x1600 or 4k, since someone will use it in a close area for the eyes. Although in general, everything is clear - fast response screens with high ppi greatly reduce autonomy, but here it is critical and not very good, despite the increase in battery capacity, which just shows the increased consumption of SoC from Intel. Here the Zen3+ 6600U would have been more appropriate, which would have given an extra +25-30% autonomy with the same or even greater performance (which Lenovo proved in psref data for head-on comparison of the absolutely identical Legion 7 with Alder Lake H vs. Zen3+ H).

As a result, it is better to choose the version with AMD 6600U/6800U in this class laptops in 2022, if of course this one will be sold by HP...that's just one misfortune of models based on 6600U/6800U during the day with fire not to be found on the shelves...

danilitos

Are the hinges upgraded? Because former models of the Envy line had a very low quality screw-to-plasctic system

markiz

Too bad they had to switch from AMD for this generation.
I have the 2018 model with Ryzen 2500U, and other then having only 8Gb RAM (at the time I thought this is enough), still works fine.
Also it was cheaper.

I will keep it still, as it works, hopefully a better generation will come by by that time. Maybe bring back 120Hz screen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview