News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra fails to outperform Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 phones in a real-world gaming test

Started by Redaktion, February 15, 2023, 08:42:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Samsung Galaxy S23 series was heavily marketed for its gaming prowess thanks to the boosted Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy chipsets. Things look different in the real world, however, as the phones seem to fall way short of expectations in a Genshin Impact gaming test.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S23-Ultra-fails-to-outperform-Snapdragon-8-Gen-1-phones-in-a-real-world-gaming-test.693736.0.html

PanRT

notebookcheck./Samsung-Galaxy-S23-Ultra-versagt-im-Genshin-Impact-Gaming-Test.692157.0.html

Here Is Samsung bad in genshin impact.. ONLY 42.4fps, 4.6W, 9.2 per W temperature is 40.8°C..

potato

The interesting table also catches my attention that Oneplus 10T got terrible FPS even equipped with 8+ Gen1. Does anyone know what happened to that model?

LOL

Most people (normal people, non-gamers etc) don't care about playing Genshin Impact or huge games on their phones, with the fastest fps etc.

Other Android phones with SD 8 Gen2 should perform the same... or worse, since the chip on the S23 has been overclocked a bit. If so, that is a Qualcomm problem, not a Samsung problem.

Scott

I do think the problem is that genshin has not optimized the software for the 23 ultra yet. Mobile legends bang bang goes as far as disabling ultra graphics until they optimize the game for new phones.

SyCoREAPER

FFS, it's one game and it's the first firmware release. Who cares. How many people bought this to specifically play Genshin?

Badr

My s23 ultra is 60.5 fps stable with the gamesir x3
Maybe its just the heat management and some software problem
Ive been using it for 2 weeks now

SS4Ricky

Yeah...I dunno what this article is on but it runs silky smooth 60fps on my 23 Ultra. And I'm upgrading from the 22 ultra, where it played like hot garbage. I feel like these reviewers boot up genshin for 5 minutes, play it and then write the review. Whatever fps you get is gonna tank after more than 10 minutes of playing on max settings. Snap gen2 is at least more heat efficient, so it can finally compete with apple on genshin gaming.

PumpkinFury

Best quote "The Galaxy S23 Ultra only records an average of 55 FPS,  noticeably lower than a device like the Xiaomi 13 Pro which achieves an average of 59.4 FPS."

If I owe you 59 cents and give you 55 cents, would you really tell me that's a noticeable amount less?? It's 4 frames!!!  🤣

GreyFox

Golden has an error, he has high benchmark numbers and low game performance. I have lower scores in geekbench but has 58-60 fps after hours of gaming in Genshin at max graph, 55fps average is bullshit or a bad sample of the s23 ultra.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview