News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ThinkPad Z13 Gen 2 laptop review: Lenovo's answer to the Dell XPS 13

Started by Redaktion, January 21, 2024, 08:45:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ThinkPad Z13 is back this year sporting AMD Zen 4 Ryzen Pro CPUs wrapped inside the same sleek G1 chassis as before. Is the lone CPU upgrade enough to justify this G2 refresh?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ThinkPad-Z13-Gen-2-laptop-review-Lenovo-s-answer-to-the-Dell-XPS-13.793757.0.html

Jesse

Kind of a weak attempt isn't it?
16:10, 14" screen, silent, and under 1 kg - from 2021!  This probably beats it in 95% of the metrics.
www.notebookcheck.net/ADATA-XPG-Xenia-14-Laptop-Review-A-New-14-inch-Favorite.549923.0.html

Come on manufacturers, light and silent is more important then useless laptop 'features' like 3k screens.

A

Strange that comparisons were made between the G1 model with a 6650U/660M instead of the 68XXU/680M

Neenyah

Very nice device. I still prefer the X1 Carbon but I would consider this if there was also an Intel option to choose. AMD is great, sure, but I need Intel. I still wouldn't mind snatching one for a good price though, beautiful laptop.

Edit: Oh yeah, reverse notch is the way to go. Not just that it doesn't get in your way by covering a solid chunk of the screen (not a big issue with 16" screen but with 14" or lower...), it is also very nice to use to easily open the lid.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Neenyah on January 23, 2024, 14:40:53reverse notch is the way to go. [...] easily open the lid.

(Notch is terrible.)

A reverse notch is a very strong reason for me not to buy a notebook. (It depends on the exact shape whether I might just tolerate a very flat reverse notch nevertheless.) I do not care for easily opening the lid (a few times per day) but I care very much whether the upper boundary distracts me (about every second).

Neenyah

Quote from: RobertJasiek on January 23, 2024, 15:25:28
Quote from: Neenyah on January 23, 2024, 14:40:53reverse notch is the way to go. [...] easily open the lid.

(Notch is terrible.)

A reverse notch is a very strong reason for me not to buy a notebook. (It depends on the exact shape whether I might just tolerate a very flat reverse notch nevertheless.) I do not care for easily opening the lid (a few times per day) but I care very much whether the upper boundary distracts me (about every second).

I mean yeah, notch is bad when it's on the screen but what you get with the Z13 is the same upper bezel around camera but trimmed down around everything else. Here, I made a quick Ps edit of how it would look with a full-sized bezel. It's no different to what you would get if you took any non-XPS laptop from 5 years ago and just reduce height of its top bezel.

I believe you look at the screen, not what's around it, no? Because you can realistically get distracted by everything in the latter case, even if there is a pencil laying right next to your laptop 🤔

So here you get a small bezel, good camera setup and clean display. You don't get something physically slapped on the screen where the only way to remove it is - to create a huge fake bezel around it (🤣). THAT is extremely distracting in my book but I understand your point overall.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: Neenyah on January 23, 2024, 18:25:25I believe you look at the screen, not what's around it, no?

I am not that ideal computer user! IOW, my perception is sensitive.

Neenyah

Quote from: RobertJasiek on January 23, 2024, 19:35:15
Quote from: Neenyah on January 23, 2024, 18:25:25I believe you look at the screen, not what's around it, no?

I am not that ideal computer user! IOW, my perception is sensitive.
Ha, ok, that's a very fair point then (and I'm similar to you but to a bit lesser extent - as long as it's in symmetry...) 😁

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview