News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G4 AMD Laptop Review: Ryzen power in the compact ThinkPad

Started by Redaktion, December 27, 2023, 13:36:10

Previous topic - Next topic

DougF

Quote"Multiple times"... So you and your colleagues never learn? ) Maybe you have to leave imaginary world, idk.
Nope I just buy laptops that have a LAN port built in. Problem solved.

QuoteMore creaky plastic is stronger than less aluminum? ) Okaaaay, mechanical engineering of alternate universe is tight.
Thinkpads are generally magnesium chassis unless it's one of the cheap ones.

QuoteYou had one thing to do: check if pulling out LAN cable really easily damages the port. Instead you just counted results on unrelated search request. Okaaay.
I did and found many more results showing that a USB-C port is easily damaged than a ethernet port. Sorry if that reality annoys you.

QuoteOkay, yeah, I've seen enough, it's your imaginary world. Colleagues constantly losing and stealing hubs multiple times, tons of USB-C ports broken by pulling out the cable... Further conversation has no sense, you will simply pull out more of these made up arguments from your hat, whatever I say. Have a good one.
Ah I get it so anything I say that you don't like or doesn't align with your point of view is "imaginary" or "made up". I agree futher debate is pointless as you have already decided that all laptops should be as thin as possilbe, have no ports other than USB depspite providing no advanges to this other than "it might not be much worse" Any laptop that goes against what you specifically like should be actively criticised. If you don't realise how stupid and arragoant this is then there is no hope here.

A

Quote from: DougF on December 28, 2023, 18:52:31I did and found many more results showing that a USB-C port is easily damaged than a ethernet port. Sorry if that reality annoys you.
You've missed the part about pulling the cable again, but okay, who cares.
Quote from: DougF on December 28, 2023, 18:52:31laptops should be as thin as possilbe
Yup agreed.
Quote from: DougF on December 28, 2023, 18:52:31depspite providing no advanges to this other than "it might not be much worse"
Made up.
Quote from: DougF on December 28, 2023, 18:52:31Any laptop that goes against what you specifically like should be actively criticised
Made up.
Quote from: DougF on December 28, 2023, 18:52:31If you don't realise how stupid and arragoant this is then there is no hope here.
Exactly.
Quote from: DougF on December 28, 2023, 18:52:31Ah I get it so anything I say that you don't like or doesn't align with your point of view is "imaginary" or "made up".
Yeah, when I see "extra-dumb colleagues" losing, stealing, breaking "multiple times", when I see "tons of USB-C ports", I just call bs on obvious bs.

RobertJasiek

Uh, but some people really are stupid enough to break everything they see... When people at work handle devices that are not their own, they can be careless more easily.

Bizarro_NikoB

Really wish Lenovo would offer non-OLED wide color gamut display options again. Not everyone wants PWM, lower battery life, and burn-in for 100% P3 or 100% Adobe rgb.

DougF

Wow I must say A your ability to make each of your replies to be even more stupid, arrogant and moronic than the last is impressive! So I will leave you in your little world where everything must revolve around you and no one else.

A

Quote from: DougF on December 28, 2023, 20:15:11Wow I must say A your ability to make each of your replies to be even more stupid, arrogant and moronic than the last is impressive! So I will leave you in your little world where everything must revolve around you and no one else.
Step 1. Lie
Step 2. Insult
<- You are here
Step 3. Reaffirm yourself by posting praises with different name

Pad_4_Thinking

I see they've removed whether each display DC or PWM dimmable from the psref... Or just forgot to continue adding that information. Get it together Lenovo!

No reason we can't have a second x4 M.2 in this laptop! Give us the ability to - we can always mod it a bit, but some of us need a laptop with 2 NVMes. And so far no usable Thinkpads have 2. Some have a massive numpad and offset keyboard. Some only have Intel CPUs and NVIDIA GPUs, which don't work well on Linux. Every single laptop has a major downside to the point that it seems purposeful. I'm not going to buy a modern Intel-based thinkpad because the last one I got couldn't even run the CPU at 10% without the fans spinning - and couldn't run the CPU at 100% for more than a few seconds without throttling.

Don't give us 5+ displays. Give us 1 good IPS and 1 good OLED (60hz doesn't count as a decent OLED). There's no excuse, go call up LG or Samsung, you can find a decent display to give us.

Pad_4_Thinking

And yes, the soldered memory is kind of a slap in the face. Either get the very fastest working and solder it because that is required. Or just step down to the slightly slower stuff that is not soldered. This isn't rocket science, and in fact, rocket science isn't even rocket science if you happen to be in the know and realize they're just shooting those rockets into the bermuda triangle - which is why there's still not a single uncut video going to "space" LOL!

LL

LL

QuoteGet a dock.

Other people prefer to spend the money in other stuff and want just a different setup.
Seems you are really intolerant to other person experiences.

A

Quote from: LL on December 29, 2023, 08:29:38Seems you are really intolerant to other person experiences.
Vice versa, I've stated my opinion and someone got offended with me not aligning to their snowflake universe.

DougF

QuoteI got offended with someone not aligning with my snowflake universe.
I've corrected that for you!
I'm not the one demanding that all laptops are made to my preferences and activally attacking anyone who has a different opinion by calling them liars when they dare to have a different use case to you. Go right ahead and buy one the thousands of ultra thin LAN port free laptops on the market. But don't try and force your preferences on the rest of the world.

A

Quote from: DougF on December 29, 2023, 18:40:08I'm not the one demanding that all laptops are made to my preferences
I _demand_ it only in your imagination.
Quote from: DougF on December 29, 2023, 18:40:08Go right ahead and buy one the thousands of ultra thin LAN port free laptops on the market.
I did.
Quote from: DougF on December 29, 2023, 18:40:08But don't try and force your preferences on the rest of the world.
Oh poor boy feeling forced just because someone disagreed with them on the Internet and can't even discuss anything like an adult without drama and made up stories.

NikoB

Quote from: Neenyah on December 28, 2023, 15:03:07
Quote from: NikoB on December 28, 2023, 12:54:46
Quote from: toNiko on December 28, 2023, 10:18:15Installed memory is actually 7500MHz, but run at 6400MHz due to platform limitation.
Lenovo marketers, as usual, lie:
www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-7-7840u
Official support for 7500 has been announced.

As usual, another participant appears who is not in the subject of real hardware support.
Sleep wakeup problems of the SoC if the RAM runs at 7500. Not that you are aware of that, it's all a great conspiracy where Lenovo (and everyone else) is lying, lol.
Where do you have evidence that AMD is selling defective Zen4s, without exception?

There are already miniPCs and game consoles with Zen4 on Windows on the market, and nowhere is it written about the problems of waking up from sleep with the lpddr5 7500. Therefore, this is another post about a liar-bot.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on December 30, 2023, 15:36:46
Quote from: Neenyah on December 28, 2023, 15:03:07
Quote from: NikoB on December 28, 2023, 12:54:46
Quote from: toNiko on December 28, 2023, 10:18:15Installed memory is actually 7500MHz, but run at 6400MHz due to platform limitation.
Lenovo marketers, as usual, lie:
www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-7-7840u
Official support for 7500 has been announced.

As usual, another participant appears who is not in the subject of real hardware support.
Sleep wakeup problems of the SoC if the RAM runs at 7500. Not that you are aware of that, it's all a great conspiracy where Lenovo (and everyone else) is lying, lol.
Where do you have evidence that AMD is selling defective Zen4s, without exception?

There are already miniPCs and game consoles with Zen4 on Windows on the market, and nowhere is it written about the problems of waking up from sleep with the lpddr5 7500. Therefore, this is another post about a liar-bot.

They are not defective (but your sad excuse of a brain is); per AMD's own PCB Design & Checklist guideline the way to achieve 7500 speed is to use HDI technology in the PCB to minimise stub reflection. Quite literally no one is using that because it is very expensive; well, no one but handhelds (GPD and similar OEMs/manufacturers, for routing density - only handhelds).

Which is why we don't have a single existing laptop on the market with installed LPDDR5x 7500 that actually runs at 7500 instead of 6400. None. Zero. Running 7500 with through-hole PCBs will actually give 7500 speeds but also horrendous sleep wake up issues with every single laptop where they simply can't wake up from sleep at all without hard shutdown and almost all of them have LPDDR5x 7500 installed just like this T14 G4 here.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview