News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Pro 16 2023 M3 Max Review - M3 Max challenges HX-CPUs from AMD & Intel

Started by Redaktion, November 09, 2023, 01:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

NikoB

Quoteuntil 2015, when Western capital began to move there faster and faster
Right - "When Western capital began to flee from there faster and faster". The stupid "AI" from the Google translator is, as always, in all its glory - it completely distorted the meaning of the phrase, and not for the first time. Sometimes it seems like Google does this on purpose...

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 16:03:26You again begin to argue on a topic that you are poorly versed in and take the general topic away from the main thing.
That's the most precise definition of yourself actually, you summed your character nicely in one sentence. You claim one thing, you get proofs to show you wrong, you turn to (geo)politics, conspiracies, "fools with millions to spend" and similar blablablaing as always in every single thread about any existing matter. I mean you talk about one CPU being obsolete while you yourself use a PC from 2009, lol. Keep trolling, you are a true pro in that.

Edit: There, so much about who is taking "the general topic away from the main thing"; oh look it is you who started it with your usual BS: https://www.notebookchat.com/index.php?topic=182887.msg559768#msg559768

A

Quote from: Neenyah on November 09, 2023, 16:13:20That's the most precise definition of yourself actually, you summed your character nicely in one sentence. You claim one thing, you get proofs to show you wrong, you turn to (geo)politics, conspiracies, "fools with millions to spend" and similar blablablaing as always in every single thread about any existing matter. I mean you talk about one CPU being obsolete while you yourself use a PC from 2009, lol. Keep trolling, you are a true pro in that.
He's a local grumpy grandpa. )

larkhon

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 14:08:47
Quote from: larkhon on November 09, 2023, 13:54:44there are no newer CPU generation in actual laptops, and the 7945hx was availaible like 3-4 months ago...
laptops based on the 7945H3DX are officially already on sale.

That is still Zen 4 Dragon Range, and this 3D update is mostly relevant to gaming, which isn't really relevant for a Macbook. And the 7945HX was announced in 2023, not last year.

Doesn't change the point that Apple's CPU are not even the most efficient CPUs out there, despite all the brainwashing. On that we agree.

Neenyah

Quote from: larkhon on November 09, 2023, 17:34:26
Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 14:08:47
Quote from: larkhon on November 09, 2023, 13:54:44there are no newer CPU generation in actual laptops, and the 7945hx was availaible like 3-4 months ago...
laptops based on the 7945H3DX are officially already on sale.

That is still Zen 4 Dragon Range, and this 3D update is mostly relevant to gaming, which isn't really relevant for a Macbook. And the 7945HX was announced in 2023, not last year.
Correct. It's also funny how in both games and apps that same "obsolete" 7945XH is quite often beating the "officially already on sale" 7945HX3D, as nicely shown in Jarrod'sTech's vid where even himself said that it's absolutely not worth it outside of gaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU-pOoAKXf0

But NikoB is a far bigger expert with more results and analysis to show and to prove Jarrod being wrong.

🙃

A

Quote from: larkhon on November 09, 2023, 17:34:26Doesn't change the point that Apple's CPU are not even the most efficient CPUs out there, despite all the brainwashing. On that we agree.
Nah, Cinebench is just too synthetic, you don't use your CPU for rendering irl. So it's like a very narrow and specific test of something one never does (and you can optimize your CPU for higher score in it).
Real battery life - M3Max is king.

NikoB

Quote from: Neenyah on November 09, 2023, 16:13:20That's the most precise definition of yourself actually, you summed your character nicely in one sentence. You claim one thing, you get proofs to show you wrong, you turn to (geo)politics, conspiracies, "fools with millions to spend" and similar blablablaing as always in every single thread about any existing matter. I mean you talk about one CPU being obsolete while you yourself use a PC from 2009, lol. Keep trolling, you are a true pro in that.
You are a pathetic and ignorant troll. Anyone who reads me knows perfectly well what I use and that I have long since moved away from PCs to laptops. The fact that my 2009 PC works great only emphasizes how well and competently I choose things in advance.

You are even a layman when it comes to hardware, and it's better for you not to meddle in politics, where your defeat is predetermined by me.

Quote from: A on November 09, 2023, 16:19:26

He's a local grumpy grandpa. )
Another local troll who shamefully fled from all the topics where I crushed him to smithereens.

Quote from: larkhon on November 09, 2023, 17:34:26And the 7945HX was announced in 2023, not last year.
wccftech.com/amd-12-core-ryzen-9-7845hx-dragon-range-high-end-laptop-cpu-shows-up-in-aots/
article from 16 november 2022. The first models with 7945HX were already available in May 2023. As usual from ASUS. In reality, this is a year-old processor, because all manufacturers have received it since the summer of 2022.

Quote from: Neenyah on November 09, 2023, 18:18:41Correct. It's also funny how in both games and apps that same "obsolete" 7945XH is quite often beating the "officially already on sale" 7945HX3D, as nicely shown in Jarrod'sTech's vid where even himself said that it's absolutely not worth it outside of gaming
Again, a troll claims something that I didn't claim. I informed that the latest top AMD processor is the 7945H3DX and it is actually sold in the USA as part of ASUS laptops, and not the 7945HX and nothing more. Keep wagging your tail. But you don't know how to think.

A

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 19:09:44Another local troll who shamefully fled from all the topics where I crushed him to smithereens.
Haha, nah man, it's the first time we've met. You've made quite an impression though.

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 19:09:44You are a pathetic and ignorant troll. Anyone who reads me knows perfectly well...
...that B in your name stands for "Braindead", yes. We agree on that.

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 19:09:44You are even a layman when it comes to hardware, and it's better for you not to meddle in politics, where your defeat is predetermined by me.
🌳🐕

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 19:09:44Again, a troll claims something that I didn't claim.
Really? Tard too much? Here:

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 13:48:44on the outdated 7945HX 2022

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 19:09:44I informed that the latest top AMD processor is the 7945H3DX and it is actually sold in the USA as part of ASUS laptops, and not the 7945HX and nothing more. Keep wagging your tail. But you don't know how to think.
What an actual lying cringelord 😂😂😂😂😂 Because people can't read, right? And find your 🐶💩 written around. So let's see how you informed, especially about it being sold in the USA as a part of ASUS laptops:

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 14:08:47laptops based on the 7945H3DX are officially already on sale.

Oh hold up, that was me actually, not you (and you can't even type the CPU name correctly because the 7945H3DX literally doesn't exist 🤣):

Quote from: Neenyah on November 09, 2023, 15:33:54
Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 14:08:47laptops based on the 7945H3DX are officially already on sale.
7945H3DX doesn't exist. It the 7945HX3D. And yes, it's on a magical sale of literally ZERO available (available to order) of them in the EU: https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/MainSearchProductCategory.html?q=7945HX3D

And precisely ONE laptop (in three different models) in the US, the ROG Strix Scar 17: https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=7945HX3D

Truly makes everything else outdated 🙇

Neenyah

Oh yeah and about this:

Quote from: NikoB on November 09, 2023, 19:09:44The fact that my 2009 PC works great only emphasizes how well and competently I choose things in advance.
It only emphasizes how a little man you are, actually. Envious of everyone basically because you can't afford anything newer than your 2009 PC and your 15+ y.o. MSI laptop. So as you are not capable to afford an upgrade all that's left to you is to sh*t on everyone else by calling everything "extremely outdated", "slow", "overpriced junk" and so on because you are well-aware that current ultimate highest end tech is used by less than 2% of people so you pretty much praise that as you know there is statistically small probability to find someone with that exact very top of the line CPU/GPU/whatever. Makes you feel superior by calling other people's tech obsolete trash and so on all while typing that BS on your dual core crap from 2009, lol. Truly sad 🤡.

LL

Quote from: RobertJasiek on November 09, 2023, 14:09:55Just curios: why are AMD GPUs not an option for you?

Not as well performing in a lot of GPU render and video apps. CUDA is also ubiquous in a lot of support applications while AMD is nowhere to be seen.

Blender is one glaring example.
The market for AMD GPU laptops is also very small.

NikoB

Quote from: Neenyah on November 09, 2023, 19:35:06Envious of everyone basically because you can't afford anything newer than your 2009 PC and your 15+ y.o. MSI laptop
Troll, I have already written many times that I have other laptops, much newer. I'm just happy with this PC more than for my entertainment purposes - I watch movies from it on a projector in the evenings and sometimes I also listen to music through an external DAC connected via optics. It has long been taken out of working use, although Windows 7 Pro still works great on it, and I have no desire to install W10. There are work laptops for this.

You are so pathetic in your attempts to attack me that you constantly look like a holy fool. Your experience is simply nothing compared to mine. And not only in IT.

Shane

Quote from: paviko on November 09, 2023, 11:49:29The biggest surprise is that at the same power usage (55W), the Ryzen 9 7945HX outperforms the M3 Max in Cinebench R23 Multi, scoring 26,045 points compared to 24,024. Insane! Even Intel isn't far behind with 19,772 at 55W. It looks like in 2024, both Intel and AMD will be ahead.

Also interesting are the new benchmarks (2024, 6.2) favoring Apple SoC. This probably indicates some heavy Apple compiler optimization. I observed something similar in the past with the Intel compiler. It's not fair to use the Apple compiler for the Apple SoC and a generic compiler for the rest :)

That's because the 16 core AMD is all performance while the M3 Max is 12performance and 4 efficient cores.

Overall nice notebook with 128GB RAM and 8TB SSD, only price is too high.

Li

Dear review author, please be honest:

Quotewhen we used the High Performance mode the fan speed would increase to ∼5600 rpm, which results in a very loud noise of 55.2 dB(A).
...and then you use 42.8 db(A) in a table for comparison with other notebooks.
"High Power" mode is necessary to stop throttling - which is clearly visible in "Automatic", as you've shown on graphs, but you did not mention it at all.

QuoteThe system favors the GPU performance during the stress test and we can see a combined (CPU+GPU) consumption of 78 Watts at the start of the test. The GPU will quickly level off at around 37 Watts, but the processor drops to just 11 Watts after a couple of minutes, and the combined consumption is around 48 Watts.
...and then:
QuoteThe power consumption is also a bit higher under load, but we see the same 145W limit at the beginning of the stress test
So the first "stress test" does not look like THE stress test, does it?

QuoteThe multi-core performance was increased by more than 60 % compared to the M2 Max, and even Intel's H45 chips, as well as AMD's HS processors (Zen4), are clearly beaten. The single-core performance (+20 %) is also comparable to Intel's H45 CPUs.
...so why don't you write:
"However, the multi-core performance of AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX (Zen 4) is 44 % better and Intel Core i9-13980HX is 28 % better, so Apple M3 Max is clearly beaten. Zen 4 is more efficient, too. This is on application native to M3 Max and on emulated workloads both its performance and efficiency will be relatively worse.", hmmm?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview