News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Battery life better with Intel: ThinkPad X13 AMD shows a Renoir weakness

Started by Redaktion, August 21, 2020, 11:13:17

Previous topic - Next topic

_MT_

Quote from: _MT_ on August 22, 2020, 10:35:23
The only thing that comes to my mind is that the load might be GPU bound. In this department, it's apples and oranges. The AMD would end up paying for a much more powerful GPU. While the Intel would be slacking because the 620 is anemic.
One could look at other laptops with that CPU to see if that theory has any traction. I don't have the time right now.

gump

People accusing notebookcheck to be sold are cute...
This website is Renoir enthusiast since they got there hands on laptops with these chips. They are harsh on manufacturers not using AMD APU while still selling the old intel 6c/12t.

The point here is :
Is intel idle better ? Might be true with years of optimisation

Under which load is Intel more efficient ? Video and general software which doesn't need you to wait a results then yes it's important to note that, under pure processing tasks where the surge is consumption is fewer than the processing time difference, same to be investigated.

Is this behavior true for pro and consumer chips ? The Renoir 7 pro is not better than Renoir 7 consumer while having SMT thus it might not be a good idea to compare consumer Intel CPU vs pro AMD CPU.

Nasius Gunadi

So what is the customer or user benefit are subjective. In my opinion the performance and price are more important than batery life since my almost workload need powerfull with price affordable than batery life. Although i am almost work in the room so batery life are not to be worry about. But if i should go out is not mean all day long on the place that far away from electric power source

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview