News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker XMG Core 15 (Tongfang GM5NG0O) in review: A lot of performance for the fast WQHD panel

Started by Redaktion, March 09, 2021, 04:53:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Schenker Core 15 brings all modern computer games smoothly onto the responsive screen (WQHD, IPS, 165 Hz). In addition, there's an NVMe SSD, 16 GB of RAM (dual-channel mode), and decent battery runtimes. The new Control Center provides extensive control over the APU and GPU performance.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-Core-15-Tongfang-GM5NG0O-in-review-A-lot-of-performance-for-the-fast-WQHD-panel.526888.0.html

romi

dude what

It really is a mistery how laptops with no apparent flaws like this one can't score more than 85% here, yet bigger brands laptops with multiple dealbreaking issues score consistently higher

Rolf

Quote from: romi on March 09, 2021, 11:13:57
Wish you tested with the dynamic boost slider manually maxed out with 130w total.

115 watts to 130 watts = ~ 15% more TDP
Normally performance increase is far less than increase of TDP. So you should expect ~5% 'improvement'

Summarized for you:
Even more heat and noise than already at 115 watts.
Performance increase literally nothing. ;)

Phylloscopus

Quote from: dude what on March 09, 2021, 12:54:23
It really is a mistery how laptops with no apparent flaws like this one can't score more than 85% here, yet bigger brands laptops with multiple dealbreaking issues score consistently higher

Exactly the same thought... I find this to be a high level notebook, especially for performance to price ratio, one of the highest I've seen here... The only reason to justify a lower score (but still not under 90 for me) is related to unavailability of Ryzen and RTX chips, but it's not a Schenker fault.

Sebastianz

I am concerned with the power management. With power adapter rated as 180w, while gaming in full maximum setting such as the witcher that consume up to 240watts, doesnt this draining the battery instead of charging it? this will impose significant problems especially to the lifespan of the laptop.

Tluggiero

How the heck is a 180W power adapter acceptable? They overdrew it by huge amounts with just a game. I had this same issue with my Eluktronics Thicc-15 with a 3900x and 2060. That exceeded it's whatever small 230/240w power adapter. Clevo/Sager, up your damn power supplies. I'd buy this laptop if they offered an acceptable power supply.

andyturfer

I'm so close to purchasing this laptop with the Ryzen 7 5800H. I'm a developer, not a gamer, and I'm praying that Linux will install on this bad boy without any  problems. I wish I could try the keyboard out before purchasing as I'm very particular about keyboards. On my previous gaming laptop (with a 6th gen core i7 and Nvidia 970m), I was able to get idle power consumption down to 10W (by completely powering down the 970m). Hope I can achieve similar on the Core 15.

ScootedAway

I bought this laptop for about 2500 euros in my country. I ran linux and it works great. Windows 10 works find and gaming is no issue. The keyboard is not very good , sticky and really overall crappy. On my Alienware or Legion , keyboards are much better and thermal Too. I hit 100 degrees and throttled. This laptop isn't good

not a robot

How does this laptop make more 21 fps in Witcher 3 and 18 fps in Far Cry 5 than legion 5 with 130W rtx 3060 and 5800H at 1080p ultra? is ryzen 7 4800h better than 5800h? Btw legion 5 has 300w power supply

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview