News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Legion laptop power modes are seemingly buggy with unusually short battery life

Started by Redaktion, September 13, 2022, 06:34:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

After experiencing similar issues on two different AMD-powered gaming laptops from Lenovo, you may want actually want to set your power preferences to Balanced instead of Power Saver for longer runtimes.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Legion-laptop-power-modes-are-seemingly-buggy-with-unusually-short-battery-life.650804.0.html

Zan

Lenovo has battery issues and also release laptops with OLED screens that have crosshatching marks.

Dell has laptops with screens that come unglued and fall off.

Asus has dual screen models that run abnormally hot under the chassis according to some reviews.

I think the problem with QC is there are just too many different models with segmentation

On top of that, any laptop with an ARC GPU has driver issues that will never be fixed as Intel is rumoured to be cancelling ARC. 

What should be the best year to buy a laptop is the worst year.

LL

Warning.
I noticed that in my Lenovo when i am in Balanced Mode i have both the AMD ipgu and the Nvidia card consuming energy.
While in Performance Mode only the Nvidia is working and the overall GPU's consumption is less than in Balanced Mode.

Dorby

For laptops that include MUX switch + Standard Optimus (which is majority of gaming laptops today), iGPU only mode will consume a lot more power than Optimus. Common sensically you'd assume the otherwise is true, but it is not the case at least right now.

OEM specific software's "power saving/ quiet modes" that can override Windows like Vantage cool-mode are also often less efficient than a properly tweaked Windows' native balanced power profile. This is nothing new.

Matt7991

I have the Legion 5 6800h 3060 (2022) and it was terrible first off but I made some changes. It's automatically on power saving so I left it at that, set it to quiet mode, gpu mode set to hybrid in the Legion software, and I used cru (custom resolution utility) to set the refresh rate to 60hz on the integrated graphics (without using cru it won't let you change from 144hz) and deleted the 144hz profile in cru so it stays at 60. Screen brightness is around 60% most of the time.

Battery life now is 6-8 or so hours (for regular computing, not gaming) from what I've seen so far so a substantial boost from the 2-3 I had before.

bearov

I don't quite understand which modes are used. Is Windows balanced mode used or lenovo balanced mode used to get higher battery life or in which scenario author got worse battery life? With Lenovo quiet mode with battery saver(not sure if possible), or Lenovo balanced mode with power saver mode enabled?

Rinzler

My 2022 legion 7 all amd didn't come with the  3 legion power profiles.Mine only came with just plain balanced.
Also noticed mine has "modern standby"

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview